Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fe intake on a 460?

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
Ok I already asked this on 460 ford, but I want to get as many opinons as possible. I just bought a 6x2 12v intake for a fe engine. I was wondering if there is a way to adapt that intake to a 385 series block. I know a single four barrel, or dual quad will offer better performance, but how sweet would it be to pop the hood of my old 78 f-150 on a 460, running dove-c heads, and have 6 STROMBERG 97 CARBS sitting there staring at you. Let me know if you have any ideas. Lcpl Duncan USMC

hi pure country
as above fe intakes make up part of the head (pushrod tubes etc) the rocker cover then bolts on top 90% covering head 10% covering intake. it would be very hard to modify. i have been looking for an fe 6x2 intake for some time if you were willing to sell i would be intrested in buying. i will be in the states durring august so shipping is not a problem. please email me if you are intrested [email protected]
regards
Nick

Fellro

Staff member
Yep. no realistic way to get it to bolt up, way different setups. The pushrod pass through the area of the intake that is hidden under the valve cover, while the 460 has the intake total uncovered.

check out "webber carb conversions" on the web i found a site a while back that makes the kit for a 460 [intake/carbs/set up to your specs} was about a $5000.00 touch and other than the "cool factor" i would bet i would get just as good performance with my eddie as those webbers can be a bear to tune

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts