Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 raptor

blacksnapon

Staff member
Top-15.jpg
Top-14_edited.jpg

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
:drop: smilieFordlogo ihope they bring that out... BUT IN LIMITED SUPPLY!!! so they don't "overmake" them and have them sitting at dealerships....

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It looks like it's going to be an awesome package right out of the box. Something you can work and play hard. Can't wait to see it in the showrooms.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
In the looks department, the whole front clip is ugly IMO, but I can get past that if it's a true performer.

Nope, they are. :D

I love them, see my avatar. I would sell a kidney for one. Didnt it take 3rd at Baja? Thats awesome if you ask me. And the new 390 (6.2L) is gonna be sick. YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And it can be yours for only 200 grand!!!...down payment....:rolling laugh:

In the May '09 issue of Fourwheeler on page 14, it said the first PRODUCTION Raptor was sold at Barrett-Jackson for $130k.

First time since 1982 that Ford has put its letters and not the blue oval on the front of a truck. :)

I always liked the lettering over the blue oval myself.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Its a amazing truck no doubt about it.. But if the company is in what seems like its death throws, why build a truck only so few will be able to buy? isn't it like pouring gas on your own fire?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Its a amazing truck no doubt about it.. But if the company is in what seems like its death throws, why build a truck only so few will be able to buy? isn't it like pouring gas on your own fire?

Not necessarily...if they can build it economically, and charge a premium...now they've created their profit leader. However, history shows within the big 3 that premium vehicles net a slim profit, if not a loss. In that case, then yes, you're right Tex.

Ford is nowhere near its death throws, thats GM and Pentastar. GM cant repay its bailout money and is going have to declare bankruptcy, and neither can Chrysler. Ford didnt need bailout money and still has like 11 billion dollars in reserve, meaning they wouldnt have to sell cars for the next 9 months before they went under. Much of Fords assets are in stock which went up 40% in the last 2 months since it hit rock bottom. 2010 Fusion/Hybrid should be a hit and so will the new Taurus. F-series is always a money maker.

I almost feel bad for GM and Mopar because they are so screwed... [confused]

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Yeah you guys are right.
I was just thinking it would be smarter to start going back to Ford old saying "make it good and make the every day man be able to afford it" Have your nice trucks yeah but start marketing them a little differently.. But I guess i'm thinking old school, people want European style engineering that breaks down every few months...
I say stick a carb on it and a bunch of cats and call it done :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ford is nowhere near its death throws, thats GM and Pentastar. GM cant repay its bailout money and is going have to declare bankruptcy, and neither can Chrysler. Ford didnt need bailout money and still has like 11 billion dollars in reserve, meaning they wouldnt have to sell cars for the next 9 months before they went under. Much of Fords assets are in stock which went up 40% in the last 2 months since it hit rock bottom. 2010 Fusion/Hybrid should be a hit and so will the new Taurus. F-series is always a money maker.

I almost feel bad for GM and Mopar because they are so screwed... [confused]

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think that it was Ford didn't need the money as much as they didn't didn't want the money with the stipulations that were attached. Sure they had some banked reserves, but they didn't know if there would be an upswing or not in their stock...purely a game of Russian Roulette, and seems like Ford has been lucky so far. I believe the biggest deal breaker for Ford was the fact that a good portion of the bail out money was to be designated to fuel economy improvements and Ford didn't feel like that was a strength for them at this time...so it would be a waste anyway.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts