Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

grille mod; '93-'94 series 4x4 grille

racsan

4xford
took a $12 shet of expanded metal and put it behind the grille of my truck, got done late last night, will put in today and get a installed pic. Before pic;
filenotfound002.jpg
after pic, before install;
fileunknown011-1.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
How did you attach it to the grille?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
No chipmunks were harmed during the installation of this grille mod. :D

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The more I look at that, the more I like it. Probably not so much with the push bar, but it might look kinda cool if you painted it body color, too.

Would think it would work just as well on a gen-8/9 style fullsize grille, too.

racsan

4xford
didnt realize i wasnt subscribed to this thread, its attached with 3 #10 bolts, you can kind of see them in the picture, 1 center lower, and the top has 2, 1 under the first "4" (in the "4x4" molded into the grille) and the other on the top is about the same distance from the edge as the other top bolt. in addition to the 3 bolts i sanded the inner flange, put fiberglass repair cloth around it, laid in the grille (which has the ends bent to meet the inner flange) laid more fiberglass cloth over top of that, and poured fiberglass resin over the cloth/screen/stock grille flange assy. heres a pic, kind of difficult to see, hopefully its understandable.
fileunknown012.jpg
and i took another today with the sun out. i really like it now, should have done this awhile ago!
unknownflie001.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts