Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Love my 6.0

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I would just like to let everyone know I love my 6.0. So far 21,000 miles and trouble free. Had what I "Thought" was a leak early on but turned out to be nothing. Runs strong, good mileage for a 1 ton truck and will haul whatever the hell I ask it to.

Based on my experience I would'nt have any problems telling someone to pick up a late model 6.0 or even try the 6.4.

blacksnapon

Staff member
After the 03 and early 04 models, there hasn't been too many issues with them.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Just had my 21,000 mile service done today. Found a new dealership nearby that I think I am going to give a try for service for a bit and see how they work out.

It is a small dealership, Lake Elsinore Ford. Called them at 1100 today SUNDAY and they said bring it on in TODAY we can get it taken care of. Now I know this service was not that big of deal but the fact they got it in today and got it done in a timely fashion made me happy.

I asked them if there had been a recall or something on the climate control unit because I had been having an intermittent problem with it. She, the service advisor who I am not afraid to admit I noticed was not wearing a wedding ring, told me no problem we will replace it. She said it is too hot out here for that thing to be on the fritz. Also replaced my windshield wiper blades, to be fair that is part of the maintance/extended warranty package I bought but still. No hassle just did it.

And to boot, they washed up the beast and I don't mind saying they didn't do a bad job at it.

Since I have ALL my maintance done at the dealership it is nice to find one close that appears to have competent helpful employees.

All in all not a bad day. Even got home in time to let the kids play in the pool and get the yard mowed.

call me when it reaches 285k, like my 7.3 has...

Can't go as fast as Todd's but certainly done more honest work....:rofl:

jus' kiddin' guys.... don't want a Pi**in contest...

Typical Cop.... always lookin' to bag a DWI....

Donuts With Icing.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Wussies.... why such low mileage????

2003 Excursion 6.0L PSD
Built - March 1, 2003
Bought - August 2003

As of today... 99,500 miles!!!

1) All 8 original injectors (C94's)

2) Original turbo

3) Original EGR and cooler (still connected and used)

4) Original head gaskets

Hey... when do I have to change spark plugs????

Jeff

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
64000 on mine as of tonight. Mine is an 05 Jeff so I have you beat as far as miles per year, just not total mileage. (Got the truck July of 05, so 32000 miles per year) I believe I have an egr cooler going or already gone south, and still would not get rid of this truck. Of course I have a welder and know how to use it. If that aint it, then we all know what it is............headgaskets. No problem there ARP studs and Hypermax gaskets. Pulled the tranny pan today, and was plesantly supprised at what I didn't find in it. Only place there was anyting in it was on the magnet. Changed the internal screen and the external filter and added 8 new qts. Differentials and Tcase are next. If It is a bad egr cooler, I popped it on the stock tune towing in April, as that is the first time the truck ever puked. Never puked with a tune on it unloaded. Towed last weekend, stock and puked again. Oh well several mods I want to tackle all at once anyway. CCV reroute, EGR/cooler delete, Coolant filter, oil bypass filter, and the tranny external full flow filter kit (factory from Ford). With all of that I still would not trade this truck, nor am I the least bit concerned with its dependability. As it simply has yet to fail me. It has only been to the shop for the 05E15 reflash.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Mine pulls like an ape and runs like a rocket. The only problems I've ever had with mine were induced by a dealership, which will remain nameless.......

47K on the clock so far. Had it since it was new :)

Gunner

I forgot to say, my truck will be 2 years old this Sunday, July 8...
You can't regain youth by association, there, Goosely... just ask carl.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts