Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Your thoughts on Auxiliary Trans Filter's

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
On my new project truck the previous owner installed a Magnafine inline trans filter, I don't know how old it is and all ready took it off no idea how old the sucker is, do these things really help? would it be worth spending the 30 extra bucks and replace it or just say heck with it any input would be awesome :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
They're not a bad idea. I'm sure you've seen all the metal particulate at the bottom of the pan (normally attached to a small magnet) when you take the pan off. The inline filters do roughly the same thing-- they filter out the large particulate and then they've got a magnet to catch the smaller particulate.

Overkill? Maybe. Gonna hurt anything? Probably not.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hmm, 30 bucks for a little filter that last a few months seems allot, I wound if I can just clean it out with some gas of carb cleaner.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The in-line filter has a by-pass so even if clogged it will flow. Now if it clogs, I would want to know why... but you'll never now.

The magnet is on the top (intake side) and there is a paper filter in the lower (out) portion of the filter. You can not clean or remove anything. I use one on my P/S system as this fluid has no filtration to begin with.

The Magnafine filter is/was included with rebuilt Ford tranny's that their dealers installed... so it Ford approved. I researched this company quite a bit before I installed their P/S fluid version on my truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts