Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

You may see Burt on eBay or Craigslist...

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
:( After just putting yet another fortune into him, I have to admit defeat for personal reasons and he is up for sale. I won't put the particulars of his sale here, as it is a violation of the terms of service.

I felt some sort of obligation to report here before I even advertise him. You have all been so nice and helpful to me over the years and I've really enjoyed getting to "virtually" know you guys. I've learned so much!! I'll check back here and lurk from time to time. Maybe even post if I feel I can help someone based on what I've learned. Hopefully in time I'll return with a new toy and LOTS of questions! .... but for now I'm afraid I'm done. It breaks my heart. Please, no pithy or smarta$& comments, ok?......

On a positive note, Burt's rear main seal turned out to NOT be leaking!!:) .. it was only loose bolts on the oil pan!!! THAT was a relief!. It turned out to replace the seal on him there is not enough clearance to remove the oil pan without lifting the radiator and the engine! (I was under him and understand the problem as it was explained to me by the mechanic...the sump is in front and the cross member that is rivited to the side frame rails is in the way)

Isn't it just the way it is? FINALLY, all the work except paint is done and I can't keep him...

All the best to you. wish me luck on the sale in this economy and keep your dentsides on the road with tires down. I truly hope to communicate with ya again when I retire in 2 1/2 years and can hopefully find another truck to play with!

I can't believe this is so hard!

As always,
Dak

Sorry to hear you have to sell Burt - he is a cool looking truck and going by your photos you should have no trouble finding him a new home ...... maybe an ftf ér may take him or know of someone who can give him a great new home.

Best of luck with the sale

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Good luck & best wishes Dak, ive been in your shoes man & it sucks,but with that said you never know what the future may hold for you.keep the faith!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dak...that's really hard to hear...sorry buddy. Be sure to keep us posted.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sorry to hear that but you have to what you need to. But just because you don't have a truck doesn't mean you have to leave here. Keep on posting!

That really sucks bad, no kidding. :/

Checked out Crestline, California with Google satellite and I'm guessing
you have to commute quite a ways to work?

I've had a lot of dogs since I was a kid and it's always struck me how
the new dog is -always- better than the old dog in -certain- ways. ;)

Alvin in AZ

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Dak, sorry to hear.....I dread the day I have to sell my rig for whatever life brings our way.....to be able to keep something we've worked so hard on (most anyways - I'm still learning to tinker) and gotten attached to has got to be a luxury these days.

Good luck....are you allowed to post the ad here as some of us may be interested in it as already mentioned?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^nevermind...thanks Doug! :wasntme:

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. Much appreciated. I'll still be around but not asking so many silly questions as I have in the past! Maybe now I"ll have enough time to read up more and do more research to help others!... That would be nice. Anyway, thanks again and as our Ex-California Governator said..... I'LL BE BACK!! ":guns:

smilieFordlogo

Dak

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Dak, I hope everything turns out. I like your positive attitude, and, like others have said, you don't need a truck to post here!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Dak, I hope everything turns out. I like your positive attitude, and, like others have said, you don't need a truck to post here!

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I'll second both of these statements here!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts