Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

yes there is a parts angel!!

good day every one,i went to a plant that i usualy unload at and a fellow i never seen before came up to me and asked if " i still had those old fords" i replyed yes why and was offered some parts that he said he had in the shop for about 10 years and wanted to clean it out but would not tell me what they were but said he would drop them off low and behold about 2 days later i came home at 6am [working nights] and there was a 8 ft set of original ford box rails/with all the attaching parts and a pair of ford 6x9 mirror heads in mint condition left by my front door! needless to say these will be used on my s/c i did a little asking around and found this guy and silently left a bottle of canadian club whisky for repayment as he would not take any money from me for these parts i was also told that he loved the style of the dents and thought these would go to good use instead of throwing them out my lucky day for sure!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You lucky guys are really starting to piss me off. But congrats on the good fortune.

You lucky guys are really starting to piss me off. But congrats on the good fortune.

Right!? Around here, parts are much more likely to disappear off the truck, than appear for the truck.

Classy move w/ the whiskey too. I like stories about give and take and give, rather than just give and take.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...definitely not much part giving around here. While the parts are readily available, most folks think their stuff is gold and get insulted if you tell them otherwise. Now it's a completely different story if you have someone tuned into the 'scene' and actually knows what their junk is worth, that's not quite as frustrating.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well sorry ben, but if you get charles truck, i will be there to collect mine!
:)
Actually i want a gen 5 and a 6 and one clean 8 and 9.
ill take a clean gen 7 as well...
9 and prior i will be happy.
Oh and a power wagon 42 to be specific...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Well sorry ben, but if you get charles truck, i will be there to collect mine!
Actually i want a gen 5 and a 6 and one clean 8 and 9.
ill take a clean gen 7 as well...
9 and prior i will be happy.
Oh and a power wagon 42 to be specific...

you got a F truck already... i want UT's 96 f350.. lol... i just wish it was a dually lol...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts