Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

workshop manual

hello,

i somehow lost my haynes manual, and my laptop crashed so i lost my scan aswell.i will order a new/used paper version on amazon, but i want to start changing my engines gasket+ head gasket and it takes at least a week to get the book to europe.
anyplace i can find a readable (online) or downloadable version for now? i need all the torquing specs and bolt fastening orders.
thanks in advance.
regards Johny

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
A couple options to explore:

* autozone.com

They offer free repair guides.

*alldata.com

Their info is based on the factory service manuals (FSM), which is what you really want to be using. This because, Haynes is pretty juvenile compared to the real McCoy. They are infamous for leaving out details, leaving out steps, misinformation, even telling the reader "the scope of this work is beyond that of a DIYer and the reader should refer service to a professional" (been there, done that, I can think for myself, and that comment is an insult that I paid money to read :mad: ) and for the most part, Haynes is to auto repair what a rattle is to a baby. IMO, always use the same information that the pros trust and use to earn a paycheck and maintain a positive reputation. :)

*There is a discount code out there for alldata.com, I think it's DIY2016 or 2016DIY. The savings from that code, based on what I was told, are very generous.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles