Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you work on today

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i played with the eggs too... lol....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DD changed the firing order that’s why the cams are different. I believe the cam / firing order change was in the EEC 4 family but I might be wrong . I believe you can upgrade easily but be warned the dd2 is very very sensitive to voltage spikes .
If you changed cams then went to EEC5 you could run 24 volts to it ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that aligns with what I have read. 24 volt would be a PITA.

I lied the ddec2 uses the “ electronic cams” ddec1 is basically a Mechanical engine with some electronic stuff on it .
My advice , go backwards in parts. Go all Mechanical and go for reliability..
Pull the blower install a Gov. racks, link rods, injectors and run an air throttle.
I bet you could easily get 1300 pounds torque or better .

As appealing as a mechanical engine would be, I've read enough on the Wanderlodge forum and others to not be interested. However, changing the cams would possibly be an option.

I like the idea of having a way to monitor the engine other than just the gauges, I've connected a ProLink with the DDEC 1 cartridge right now but the info is limited.

The damn temperature seems to jump in 9 degree increments.

The present rating is 475/1330...the later models with the DDEC 4 were 500/1470.

Thank you for the info!

Let me ask you this , in your RV-ing do you typically find your travels to be in remote areas ? Where do you intend to mount the ecm ? There will be a good bit of wiring , which doesn’t bother . Is the primary idea behind keeping it electronic for fuel economy ?
That engine in Mechanical form will be way way more reliable then any ecm out there and can make serious power . Does the bus have a charge air cooler ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Let me ask you this , in your RV-ing do you typically find your travels to be in remote areas ? Where do you intend to mount the ecm ? There will be a good bit of wiring , which doesn’t bother . Is the primary idea behind keeping it electronic for fuel economy ?
That engine in Mechanical form will be way way more reliable then any ecm out there and can make serious power . Does the bus have a charge air cooler ?

Somewhat remote, roads can be but that's kind of the nature of it up here, worst would be a tow.

ECM will, as far as I have looked bolt to where the EDU now sits on the engine. Don't care about fuel economy really, it's 50k lbs with trailer so it is what it is . As you noted wiring won't be difficult.

Bottom line is no mech conversion, just something I don't have the time for.

I am comin up with nothin on the harness schematics

In my best Homer "Doh"...I have a pinout here on the bus wiring schematic, so I'm pretty sure I can get a later one that is DDEC 2.

Thanks for the reply's guys!

6986608c6aac6bfde38ea23d982cc724.jpg

Transmission service on my wife’s car , 2000 expedition 4.6 4r70w transmission. It would appear it’s never been serviced. Previous owner paperwork shows a service at 32000 miles .... doubt it .

34bad8d106cdf88e719dc08a1d72ea9c.jpg

No more leaking oil filter adapter, replaced the gasket....
did upper and lower ball joints ( upper control arms) , didn’t take pictures of that repair .

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Sprayed fluid film on my Dad's vehicles after taking him to his doctor appointment.
Fixed the air bag code on my focus that has been on for a while now. Got a new code reader and it could pull the ford body codes. Who would think a sensor in the drivers seat would throw a airbag code. Should of hooked my laptop to it before but I was lazy. The 10 dollar blue tooth reader off amazon and a app on the phone. Should of got one years ago.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I cleaned an washed the gutters, fyi my mind wasnt there, an collected some more pine cones for fire starter. Then started a fire an enjoyed a few beers

dcddad3eadbed748b697fd25ae9836b3.jpg

Fixed this mess . Driver ripped the track out for the straps .
3b2473ddff638be142776ed003da371b.jpg

Taylor 18,000 pound lift did my light work .
Self tapping screws fixedit

it
d1c6515a95e5dd238fdd0f5a8fbee7f9.jpg

Got tired of the cold engine oil leak on my F450 . New o rings and rear housing gasket and good to go [emoji41]

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
them trailers tires look a little bald there....

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
they look flat (no tread) to me...

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
I learned something new today, the drop center on a donut spare is on the back side. Meaning, if you put the wheel on the tire machine the correct way, it's not going on. No matter how much you cuss, beat on it, threaten it, or jump up and down on it like an orangutan, it's not letting you put the second bead on.

Until you flip the wheel.

Moral of the story, pay attention to what is happening, or you could look like an ape.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I learned something new today, the drop center on a donut spare is on the back side. Meaning, if you put the wheel on the tire machine the correct way, it's not going on. No matter how much you cuss, beat on it, threaten it, or jump up and down on it like an orangutan, it's not letting you put the second bead on.

Until you flip the wheel.

Moral of the story, pay attention to what is happening, or you could look like an ape.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

you forgot chim chim pee pee

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Went to work on a zaxis 160 excavator today, kept poppin the main battery fuse. A broken bolt fell onto the glow plug buss bar an was shortin out on the engine block
56104f4eaf5a85935b74dc4080a68dc7.jpg
eb5d456c3946bcb0e6c77af08abc246e.jpg

Ford Truck Articles