Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I got to witness carnage on a cooling tower fan motor with 10' blades. The vibration on the fan went to 18 mils(alarm point is 9 mils) The blades left the building and the motor shaft was bent at a 45 deg angle.

I got to witness carnage on a cooling tower fan motor with 10' blades. The vibration on the fan went to 18 mils(alarm point is 9 mils) The blades left the building and the motor shaft was bent at a 45 deg angle.

scary stuff, but still i bet is was cool to see.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
My poor dents are sleeping!!! :(

further fun beings

found what was truly broke. :(. feel even more stupid for the fact that the last 2 times i been in this diff i though it had an open center, so i said screw the rust pitted ring gear and worn spiders.

anyone know if you can get the end plate the broke. i've seen spider groups and the spiders that has the hub for the clutches.

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_153820.jpg
  • IMG_20170204_153825.jpg
Last edited:
Picked up my dent from my mechanic who did a some needed engine work and it runs great! Turns out that while my baby was there a bunch of people stopped and asked if the owner wanted to sell it. He indicated that most likely not as when I would get it back the engine would be like new. He was right!! YelloThumbUp

Attachments

• new engine.jpg
Picked up my dent from my mechanic who did a some needed engine work and it runs great! Turns out that while my baby was there a bunch of people stopped and asked if the owner wanted to sell it. He indicated that most likely not as when I would get it back the engine would be like new. He was right!! YelloThumbUp

Lol....you will get that a lot!.....YelloThumbUp

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Cleaned up some wiring under the hood. Wasn't causing issues but I didn't like the way it looked.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter today. I ended up removing the power steering pump bracket because I couldn't get the top bolt on the pump threaded into the hole. :headbang:

Hey Russell, I am on that very same mission right now. I stand there and look at how somebody in the deep dark past rewired some of the things under there and wonder what on earth he had been smoking at the time. I figure I will buy a few spools of different color wire, do some cutting, soldering and generally come up with a better way to organize all that stuff. But that is a longer term project. Having fun tho....:)

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Having fun is what it's all about!

Whenever I decide to do something on this truck, I try to be sure that somewhere down the road when I'm not around any more, someone else isn't standing there scratching his head saying "what was he thinking?" 'smiliecrazy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts