Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Drove my Dent most of the week this week to work and school at Cornell University, woohoo!! And turned a few heads and gotten a few thumbs up, and even gotten a note on my windshield while I was at work from someone commenting on my truck saying how cool it was and how they didn't see too many Dents cruising around gotta enjoy 'em while the weather is still decent for it's going to be long cold winter and I'll have to put the Dent to bed for the winter soon for its long winters nap.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the fuel pump gasket(leaking oil) for the third time in about two years. I thought maybe there were some rough spots on the face of the fuel pump, but I didn't see anything. The bolts are tight. :headbang:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Replaced the fuel pump gasket(leaking oil) for the third time in about two years. I thought maybe there were some rough spots on the face of the fuel pump, but I didn't see anything. The bolts are tight. :headbang:

are you using gasket sealer with the gasket Doug? I put sealer on both sides of the new gasket when I did mine.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks Roy, Mark. I did put gasket cement on this time, but I haven't in the past. If this happens again, I will pull the pump and check the mating surface with a straight-edge.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Fuel pump/gasket is leaking oil, again, already. I found a place in Billings that sells NOS Motorcraft parts. Got an NOS 4WD fuel pump for $40. I will pick it up next Wednesday. It will be interesting to see if the mating surface of the pump is warped, as Mark suggested.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I had my fuel pump delivered. Installed today and drove about 120 miles, with no leakage. I did use aviation gasket cement this time. The old pump had a longitudinal dip on both sides from top to bottom, so the gasket wasn't sealing adequately.

The old pump was made in Canada.........:suspicious: :D

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I'll have to have my buddy who has a mechanics, auto repair shop in South Lansing NY, look at mine to see if I have the same problem, and also check my pan gaskets while it's in storage.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I've been taking the 77 out more lately; well as much as I can anyways.....I hate this time of year when the trucks get stored! :headbang:

^ I haven't had mine out in quite a while. The boat is usually in the way of getting it out. And last month I tilled up most of the yard that I have to drive it through. I needed better drainage for the grass, and don't want to drive on the new grass.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^ I haven't had mine out in quite a while. The boat is usually in the way of getting it out. And last month I tilled up most of the yard that I have to drive it through. I needed better drainage for the grass, and don't want to drive on the new grass.

There's never enough garage space or land for a guy, is there? I know it would be hard to satisfy all of my needs for storage!

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Heretic!!!

well it was just one of the heard. way to rusty to save. sad part is it was a one ton 4x4 ranger lairat. one owner truck. was a plow truck its whole life 90000 miles.

That is sad.....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
well it was just one of the heard. way to rusty to save. sad part is it was a one ton 4x4 ranger lairat. one owner truck. was a plow truck its whole life 90000 miles.

Any tilts or cruise parts??? Door panels or interior bezels??? Love the lariat seat patterns too.

no cruise the tilt will end up in my 78 along with the d60s. the seat needs recovered and the door panels where cherry. ranger429 got those in a trade. yes it is sad. you cant even haul bowling balls in the bed. rust clear up into the a pillers and on the dash inside. i will try and save the frame just depends what it looks like when the cab is all the way off. bezels are all in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts