Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Led replacement H4's are a ways a way from being practical....they do sell them but they are, well, in a word....crap.

LED replacement

These are the ones on my 74 Bronco, this is the reason I am changing from rectangular to round lights on the 79 plus the LED rectangulars which they also sell look goofy IMO. Expensive, plus these are lifetime guarantee (should be at $820 shipped for the pair, but they are plug and play with our vehicles. They are very sweet and bright and completely sealed. Plus the wow factor when people stop and wonder what planet your are from.
182612_lg.jpg

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
These are the ones on my 74 Bronco, this is the reason I am changing from rectangular to round lights on the 79 plus the LED rectangulars which they also sell look goofy IMO. Expensive, plus these are lifetime guarantee (should be at $820 shipped for the pair, but they are plug and play with our vehicles. They are very sweet and bright and completely sealed. Plus the wow factor when people stop and wonder what planet your are from.
182612_lg.jpg

Those are Wild!!!!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
182612_lg.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of those after they're installed unless there are pics floating around now...looks pretty wild.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I think that my dent did the same sigh when I parked it for the winter well a couple of Dents a sleep for the winter spring hurry and get here.

it was finally warm enough to actually start my truck today. it was knocking and running horribly. i figured maybe that carb is misadusted. so i idled it up a little then richened the passenger side and then started it. it quit knockin for the most part so i took off and it was running good. never thought it would drift like it did either. was fun and it was the first time it was driven since like september or october. just need to get the alternator from my dad and throw a battery in it.

Conversion_to_round_headlight_buckets.jpg

You mean like these? I said all along they had to be specific, but so many said they were not. Irregardless, mine are painted and drying as I type and will be ready for install tomorrow morningsmilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Recently installed some silverstar ultras in my hella headlamps. Seems to be an improvement in the lighting quality. We will see how long they last. I dropped one of the bulbs when replacing them, so we will see.........

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Recently installed some silverstar ultras in my hella headlamps. Seems to be an improvement in the lighting quality. We will see how long they last. I dropped one of the bulbs when replacing them, so we will see.........

They're a great bulb Doug (unless you drop one...) had them in my Hella headlamps. Lasted 2 years with having lights on all the time.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had went out this afternoon to where I have my truck stored to start it and let it run for about 45 minutes, and it started up on the third try, and I pulled it ahead, and backed it up six times. Twice in drive, twice in drive 2, and twice in drive 1, as well as working all of the switches, heater, turn signals, fuel tank switch from the main to the auxiliary tank and back, windshield wipers and washers, cruise control switches, and emergency flashers, and repositioned the truck, so the tires wouldn't flat spot, and the movement kept the fluid moving in the transmission, and the oil up on the cylinder walls, and the differential gears. That little bit of movement for the truck was helpful, but taking it for a good drive would have been better, but not with all of the salt and crap that is on all of the roads.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Noticed the water pump gasket had a nice green fluorescent glow to it when I replaced the temperature sensor. The water pump bolts weren't loose, but some of them did take an extra turn. I haven't had any coolant loss since the engine was rebuilt 8 years ago.

The water pump/gasket will be replaced when I redo the timing set, if it ever warms up here. I will replace the fan clutch, also.

Last edited:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Noticed the water pump gasket had a nice green fluorescent glow to it when I replaced the temperature sensor. The water pump bolts weren't loose, but some of them did take an extra turn. I haven't had any coolant loss since the engine was rebuilt 8 years ago.

The water pump/gasket will be replaced when I redo the timing set, if it ever warms up here. I will replace the fan clutch, also.

and all new hoses?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
But of course! Also got some new gatorback belts to replace the old ones. Probably do the valve cover gaskets too, since one of them is squished out a bit. And then..................

Thought about pulling my truck out.... Been in storage all winter, and spring has sprung. Truck is useless sitting around most of the year... I should start using it for what it was made...

Then again...

Derek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts