Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What cause dis...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Was doing a tire rotation on the MKZ (2008) today...and all 4 tires were beyond worn on the inside...now I know I'm a big guy, but never had all 4 where through like this. The tires have 35-40k on them and I got 70k out of the last set. No noticeable movement/loose parts. When the tires were put on all 4 corners checked out within spec. Did camber just fall that far out of alignment??? Tires always rotated around 5-7500 miles.

image6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's what I'm starting think...just needs an overall alignment...im not seeing issues anywhere else. Guess it's kinda cool everything wore so uniformly...but so quickly. Sucks tires still had another 30k to go too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
1-800-Jenny?

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Haha...I knew that one was coming.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Our Not-ford does not hold a toe-in alignment for more than 30,000 miles. If I keep it adjusted every 15,000 miles the tires do fine for about 60,000 miles.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Was thinking about that too...had it not been all the way through, I would have. The right rear is the only one that's actually all the way through, but the rest are close.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And yeah Doug...I think it's been the better part 75k since the last alignment. So probably just my fault.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Seems odd though Ben...OL has 65k miles on her MKT on the second set of tires and the wear has been uniform. I know they are different platforms but for the alignment to fall out that far is kinda weird.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I also found out that every time you adjust the toe-in, you also have to reset the computer for the variable skid control............ :headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Seems odd though Ben...OL has 65k miles on her MKT on the second set of tires and the wear has been uniform. I know they are different platforms but for the alignment to fall out that far is kinda weird.

The last alignment check was all within spec...barely, probably a lesson learned. I'll see where it falls now and then I guess I'll have my answer. With the move and getting married this last rotation was a little longer than usual, and I might have missed an odd wear pattern at 20k. So I guess I'll see. But if alignment is all it is, I guess I'll be happy.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hmm..still seems odd though...maybe I live under a rock, but I've not seen that kind of wear on all 4 before.
When you get it looked at/adjusted, please update.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Will do...

I'll go with alignment Ben ..... 75k of bouncing around since the last one will do it also depending on how many miles in total the springs may have a bit of sag in them by now - because it is independent on all four corners this will lower the ride height and throw the camber out.

i've seen tie rods and and ball joints get odd ware spots that cant be felt at normal angles. maybe that's whats up. after that i just say it lost its alignment as odd as that is

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts