Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

VIN plate

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
There was a guy who made new VIN plates, but I believe he got shut down as haven’t seen or heard anything about him. Was more than a few years ago now! Laws have really cracked down on VIN tags! Guys who were restoring their vehicle and removing them for painting of the engine compartment were getting in big trouble with the law.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
There was a guy who made new VIN plates, but I believe he got shut down as haven’t seen or heard anything about him. Was more than a few years ago now! Laws have really cracked down on VIN tags! Guys who were restoring their vehicle and removing them for painting of the engine compartment were getting in big trouble with the law.

Yeah my uncle ran into that one time with one he restored. He had gotten pulled over cop noticed the rivets werent the right ones for the vin tag. Vehicle was impounded till he could prove he was the real owner and why the rivets were changed. State patrol had to pull the windshield to redo the vin tag with the correct rivets.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Yeah my uncle ran into that one time with one he restored. He had gotten pulled over cop noticed the rivets werent the right ones for the vin tag. Vehicle was impounded till he could prove he was the real owner and why the rivets were changed. State patrol had to pull the windshield to redo the vin tag with the correct rivets.
My vintage Jeep has Philip screws to hold on the VIN tag! How they came back then. I believe in ‘69/70 they became riveted on.

Fellro

Staff member
I always thaought it strange the VIN tag was attached to the door, and item that is fairly common to need to swap.

Ford Truck Articles