Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Too much money for a punk kid's truck.

:rolling laugh: smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid It's really hacked up on close inspection from the photos.

Oh, and I hope Burt finds a good home too... First auction ended; 24 watchers, viewed 500 times, but no bids. My mistake was setting it up so it ended at 1am. Guess not too many folks are up at that time to have a bidding war! We'll see what happens now. Not in a HUGE hurry, but would like to just get it over with...:(
Dak

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's nice, but I like Mark's SC MUCH better! :D

The seller of that truck has had it listed non-stop for at least a couple months. (I bought my '75 SuperCab off E-bay back in June...it was was listed then!) Every time it's listed, it gets fewer bids. I think people are sicking of playing whatever game the seller's playing. I know I'm sick of seeing it...although I have to admit, it IS a damn nice truck!

It's nice, but I like Mark's SC MUCH better! :D

Thanks Austin.

The seller of that truck has had it listed non-stop for at least a couple months. (I bought my '75 SuperCab off E-bay back in June...it was was listed then!) Every time it's listed, it gets fewer bids. I think people are sicking of playing whatever game the seller's playing. I know I'm sick of seeing it...although I have to admit, it IS a damn nice truck!

I never did understand why some sellers want to keep their asking price a secret.

Fellro

Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Besides the fact that it looks like something straight out of an 80's catalog, it's a pretty damn nice truck. 16.5k seems a bit steep, but I think a fair deal all around would be in the 12-14k range.

He will prob get what he wants, that thing has alot of time and money in it if thats the kinda truck someone is looking for. I don't think it would be a practical daily driver tho lol. Only thing that could be better is if he had upgraded the differentials. I think those huge tires are a lil huge for a 9 inch rear, IMO. Suprised dana 60's werent put in.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Besides the fact that it looks like something straight out of an 80's catalog, it's a pretty damn nice truck. 16.5k seems a bit steep, but I think a fair deal all around would be in the 12-14k range.

The guy that owns this bought it a year or so ago from someone else through ebay...I saw the original auction. The pics on this auction are horrible, but the original one (named bigfoot by the PO) had some awesome pics of the undercarriage and the engine bay.....there is a TON of $ in this rig. I might even pay the $16.5 if I didn't have mind...but this one isn't as much of a regular driver for me....tires way too big.

He's got the bushwacker fender flares like mine and I like the vents on his hood. There are two stands in the bed for two flags. And no AC...that would be a must for me for summer driving comfort for my family and I.

Fellro

Staff member
I used to have my oldest in my 75, it was the fastest way to put her to sleep... It was my daily at the time. Something about the deep tone of a 390 and headers.. Not to mention the ride of a 4x4 with the "highboy" suspension... It had 33" 16.5s on it...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ken,
Have you put a car seat in the dent? My wife says I'm not allowed...no back seat means no baby allowed on board.

My folks always said with the size of these rigs, the front middle is probably as far back as the back middle in a lot of cars these days.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^I agree with you guys. I grew up riding in a dentside before car seats, or at least before everyone had to have one...and I'm still here. Mama bear can be pretty protective. She also worries about the legal issue...and thinks that here in PA it may not be legal to have the car seat in the front. If the front is all you have though, what else do you do?

Sorry about the hijack.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I used to have my oldest in my 75, it was the fastest way to put her to sleep... It was my daily at the time. Something about the deep tone of a 390 and headers.. Not to mention the ride of a 4x4 with the "highboy" suspension... It had 33" 16.5s on it...

Our son absolutely loves riding in my dent....puts him to sleep like no other vehicle we own....it's the sound as mine was built for a comfortable ride...and it is very comfortable.

^^^I agree with you guys. I grew up riding in a dentside before car seats, or at least before everyone had to have one...and I'm still here. Mama bear can be pretty protective. She also worries about the legal issue...and thinks that here in PA it may not be legal to have the car seat in the front. If the front is all you have though, what else do you do?

Sorry about the hijack.

smiliehijacked Hyjacking is ok with me.....

Mamma bear is super protective here as well, bro.......which is why she doesn't mind putting the baby in it as it truly is the safest vehicle we own. Take any sedan on the road and any suv and hit another sedan or suv as compared to ours and the impact would truly be night and day.

We double checked the laws in our state and not sure about other states, but if your own vehicle is a two seater, I can't imagine you not being able to take your infant or young baby somewhere if that's the case. The laws up here state that if there is no back seat, then the law doesn't apply. If it has a back seat, it's illegal to use the front. I would assume it's similar across the country.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^Thanks guys. I'll have to show this thread to the OL. Now I'll have to get serious about my search for a new center belt. I need one, but haven't rally bothered to look that much since I didn't think I'd be strapping the little one in there. When ever and adult has to ride in the middle, it has been at their own risk!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The person that sits in the middle of my truck is in charge of shifting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles