Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^Don't forget, I'm a cheap bastard.

No worries I am also. Hate to see it go but just can't justify keeping it around if it will bring the price. I still have the blue & white one & will fix it up some day if all goes well. Was goint to put it on e bay but just got off the phone with a local guy that will be home tomorrow & wants to see it.
& thanks all for the good will I will always be around here still have 4 or5 more dents to keep me busy.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
SON....OF....A.....BRANCH. I need to hit the lotto.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/2343396354.html

Seeing the condition of the truck, I'd have to question the condition of the rest of the parts...but if they're good...the lockers and winch easily cover that grand.

Here's a high boy near me. Wish I had a place for this truck.
http://bham.craigslist.org/pts/2346863884.html

Even with the 390 disassembled, 2k doesn't sound bad for that rig at all.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Even with the 390 disassembled, 2k doesn't sound bad for that rig at all.

I'd have a hard time with that price... depends on the quality of the body and frame.

Seeing the condition of the truck, I'd have to question the condition of the rest of the parts...but if they're good...the lockers and winch easily cover that grand.

All I need is the bed, engine, and winch. I would sell/scrap the rest to cover the investment. Not having money sucks. I did however get an interview tomorrow, so hopefully the not having money thing will end soon....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd have a hard time with that price... depends on the quality of the body and frame.

True...but considering some of the prices I've paid for parts trucks before, and the truck really looks pretty good in the pics, for a weekend of engine assembly, I don't think it's too bad.

All I need is the bed, engine, and winch. I would sell/scrap the rest to cover the investment. Not having money sucks. I did however get an interview tomorrow, so hopefully the not having money thing will end soon....

In that case...good luck with the interview, get the job, buy the truck and send the lockers my way. Seriously though...good luck with the interview.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

I'd buy that in a second.....problem I've always had with looking for a more of a winter/work truck in the gen 5's or 6's is by the time I have to go get them out of state, it's no longer a good deal. I think I got lucky in getting my bump from a fire department only 15 miles away in rural Maine....they had this thing custom built from Ford back in 1970 and it's been in a heated garage from 1970 to 2008. The few years on the salt infested roads up here did start of lot of rust in the bed and rocker panels, but the frame is incredible. I bought some rust coating, rust proofing stuff from eastwoods and am excited to do some undercoating work to this rig to help protect underneath while I use it in the winter.

In that case...good luck with the interview, get the job, buy the truck and send the lockers my way. Seriously though...good luck with the interview.

Got the job! I doubt the truck will still be around, but I can wish. I have already told the wife that a portion of my check will go to my truck every week...She said as long as the bills get paid, she dont give a crap what I do with the rest....YAY!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed John...dude must have a NOS leak for that price. I'm thinking 15k tops in a good market...to a stupid buyer.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yes it's a crew...but it's nice to see some one actually price their rig logically and realistically. I think too many folks are smitten by what is perceived as rare. You woulda crapped yourself then with that 78 250 4x4 cc that Tony put me on...needed an engine and trans...but it was $600...but in overall the same condition as that one.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man, this thing is awesome.....a little different, but nice!

79_dent.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

It has a MASSIVE rear bumper and what the heck is that rack on top?

Also, if it has the same frame, engine, and panels, why would they change the title to say it's 1990? Just cause of reconstruction.....my Washington state title (no need for a title in Maine for vehicles over 15 years old) is still a 77 even though it was a ground up restoration.

I'm still more of a fan of the round headlights from 73-77, but still love the dents through 79.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts