Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V10 Plug Change?

I've got about 90,000 miles on my 2005 E-350 w/ V10 (2 valve). She runs fine except for the cruise control not working. I'm wondering about the plug change that's supposed to be done at 100,000 miles. I hear it can be tricky on some Ford engines, especially in the vans.

I have the extended 7 yr/100,000 mile warranty and was thinking I should have the plugs done before it runs out in case there's a problem.

What do you think? Should I have the plugs done now, or wait? I went to 140,000 miles in my 4.6 before having them changed and I really didn't notice a difference with the new plugs.

Any idea of what it might cost to have the plugs changed if there's no problems?

kevin9

New Jersey Chapter member
plugs

the labor is 4.0 hours according to alldata,not sure what the labor rate is in your area.you should consider yourself lucky that the plugs made it this long. i dont see many make it that long.as for your cruise problem there is a brake pressure switch on the master cylinder that has a high fail rate.i believe there was a recall on them,not sure if your van falls in that category.

Thanks Kevin9. I guess I'll have them do the plugs during my 90,000 mile service. My switch didn't get the recall; I'll check it by jumpering it out to see if the cruise starts working again and change it if it's faulty.

We're really pretty easy on the van...mostly long trips, never more than 55mph. Very conscientious about oil changes. Still running the original brakes at 89,000 miles. We get 17mpg on the road without the boat.
Homer.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts