Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Trucks been sitting

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Both have 2 us. The one on the timing cover on the 89 is way bigger than the 83. The fuel injected motors are different on the front.
You will be fine with the 4 piece gasket
Probably will be easier. Just use weather stripping cement to glue the cork to the block.
You put the rubber ends in first, then the cork.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Sorry for the late response. Been the day from hell

No worries. When i get that one i think i ordered wrong ill know for sure which one fits. Hopefully the one piece wil wrk

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This cannot be right.......wrong one again.
. Does any one have a one piece gasket ?? Spent 40$ and not the right one
254182efbee16b0283ee611476083f55.jpg

Never mind. I see how it works now. I thought there was supposed to be two smaller "u's". But I guess the front portion bolts in on the curve. Lol

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Front goes into timing cover

5721b3c34a0989c37a9789bbbb15a9ca.jpg

Last edited:
Was gonna do my oil pan today. But its raining crazy. Why does it take so long to do the oil pan? Labor time is super crazy. Im excited bout doing it. Guess itll have to wait til next weekend. Smh. Come on weather. I need a decent day

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Not so bad out of the truck, but a real pia under it, on your back reaching up, around, etc. Not to mention everything dripping and falling on you.
Rained all night and morning here, beautiful sunny afternoon but it's going to pour all night and day tomorrow

I looked under neath it last night before the rain. As soon as i got inside, it just started pouring. Hopefully it'll be ok this weekend. I really need to get it going

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I use weather strip cement the whole block. Keeps the gasket from slipping. Rtv or preferably gasket maker in the 4 corners, the gasket always leaks a tiny bit there.
Take a can of brake clean and papertowels and clean all mateing surfaces. Take your time

It doesn't look that bad except where the frame meets under the frame. What do u mean by the four corners? I have those wedges with that seal.
Ive never done an oil pan at all

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
4 corners means where the round part hits the flat part. put a small dab of gasket maker or permetex right there in each corner, or spot

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Look back at my picture of the oil pan. You cN see where it squeezed out

Well after all that..... My rear main is actually the culprit. Smh. Ugg. Im definitely gonna have to take it in to work and use the lift now.... This is no good at all levels

Ford Truck Articles