Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Trucks been sitting

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Shouldn't. It's going to be the same all 6,

Freezing rain here

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not even gonna do a wet soak. These numbers look pretty good to me.
29dbdf9f7725bafa81e052e20568b915.jpg
fbcfc6b24f043f1ca51885bb9f5f6b51.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thumbs up!
Put the new plugs back in.

Also cranked the engine 5 times on all cylinders ... Except 3-6. I noticed only 5 cranks i only got 120 on cylinder 3. I cranked it over a bit more and got more psi. Did 7 cranks on 3-6.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Get some sea foam put in the gas once its running with fresh gas. I would bet some carbon on the valves.
You can see it a little bit on the plug you pictured.
May want to get a set of 8 mm wires for it

Gonna just get new plugs wires cap and rotor. But before i do wires and cap, ill get new plugs and next weekend dropping the pan and gonna order the pump and tube. Whats the easiest way to drop the pan? Unbolt it, and slide it over and finagle is around? Will i be able to fully take it out?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You have to raise the engine about 6".
Take the blots out. Slide pan over enough to take pickup tube and pump off. Be careful make sure to get the drive rod for the pump out of the distributer from under. Should come out with the pump. There is a top and bottom.
Once the pump is off, the pan will come out

How does that come out. Im pretty good at outside engine work.. never really been into an engine. Ive seen them, but never done anything inside one. Sorry for the questions. Just dont wanna mess up distributor or anything

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Just pulls out. Will probably come out with the pump. A little tougher going back in the squares have to line up you'll see when it comes down.

Okay. Thanks alot! When i get to doing it, ill be sure to update again. Im just so shocked the compression wasnt bad. Hopefully the engine didnt need to be warm.

So i looked up something online versus what i did as a kid...... This doesn't look right...either google is wrong. Or what i did as a kid is wrong....
0387c610ef32e828c36095b707c7010e.jpg
374f726c0b9498d9528cbb7e38c223d1.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Can't go by that.
Pull the cap off.
Take #1 plug out. Hold your finger on the spark plug hole so no air comes out.
Have someone bump the key. It will go rump. Keep bumping 1 click at a time, the compression will blow your finger off the hole.
Take a plastic soda straw stick in the spark plug hole. Take a 15/16 socket and slightly turn the bolt in the damper pulley back and forth until you are satisfied the straw is all the way as hig as it can go.

This is top dead center #1
Look at the distributer the rotor is pointing.
Mark that on the side of the distributor with sharpee. That is #1. Put your cap back on start your firing order there
153624. Dont worry about where #1 is, just make sure to get the rotation right

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
All good. At least you know how to find tdc now.....
[emoji6][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I went ahead and thought about this 4pc gasket i have. Im gonna return it. Id rather have a one piece but coming up with nothing online on how to get one. Everything shows will not fit.

Fellro

Staff member
F100 -F150 are esseentially the same thing generally. Motor wise exactly the same.

Ford Truck Articles