Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Transmission flush... Confuzzled..

Hey guys,

I have been reading around on the internet, looking for info. on flushing the transmission. From what I have found, it looks like the dealer will not drop the pan and replace the filter when flushing.

Now... I'm not sure when/if my transmission fluid has been flushed,but dropping the pan and replacing the filter does not feel adequate. I would like new fluid to circulate through the system to pick up any wear particles. I am not paying almost $200 to have my tranny. flushed without replacing the filter... The only reason I want the dealer to do it is because they have a flushing machine and should be able to do a better job than if I just drop the pan..

What do you suggest I do?

Fellro

Staff member
The flushing will get the rest of the system clean, where as the filter change only gets what is in the pan at the time. You could do the flush, then throw a filter in it afterwards... it will have caught all the crud that got knocked loose, then you can get it out of there. the flushing also won't clean up the sediment on the bottom of the pan either.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All transmission shops here do flush . And they always do filter.And Less $. My ford garage will to . And change all bulbs in front (but thats a other story )

They only thing I can think of is they want stuff to settle in system before throwing in a new filter and plug it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts