Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tires

So probably one of the many asking this question but i couldn't find it directly trough search option.
I will need to fit new tires this summer/fall,
i now run 32/11/*15 yokohoma geolander but for starters they suck in rain, and just don't have the look.
Truck is leveled with heavy duty f250 springs in front. I want it to look rough, but still have a good traction on normal roads, and in rain.
I do sometime get the truck off road so need tires that can give me comfort of not getting stuck fast.
Any suggestions + pictures fitted on trucks are welcome.
extra question: the rims are getting a bit rusty and i want to respray them but i'm not sure if i should stay with the gray color or any diferent color?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I've had good luck with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires. They look pretty aggressive but have a great on road ride. You can probably go bigger than this, but on my 1994 I run 265/70/15. That ends up being a 1" wider tread than stock, and a meager 3/4" taller than stock.

It's smaller than yours but the tire is great, and you can pick a size you'd rather have.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've been very happy with BFG A/T's.

those BFG's are close to what i'm looking for, how do they handle rain, mud, snow, gravel and normal roads? (don't care about noise.)
the bridgestone are closer to the yokohamas (the look of them)

thanks already, more pics and tires are welcome

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Any all terrain tire is a compromise... But overall I do prefer the BFG as well. However my new truck had toyo open country ATs on it when I got it and I have been happy with them as well. They are very similar to the BFG in performance

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
those BFG's are close to what i'm looking for, how do they handle rain, mud, snow, gravel and normal roads? (don't care about noise.)
the bridgestone are closer to the yokohamas (the look of them)

thanks already, more pics and tires are welcome

Very good on all counts....mud they will pack up to a degree.

When they are new they pick up lots of road gravel and it sounds like hell on the wheelwells.

They are good in snow and on ice as well.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I would recommend the Kelly Safari TSRs. Not noisey on the pavement. I run 33s on my 97 F-250. Another friend has them on his 97, he uses it as a farm truck and swears by them.

Had a set of Falken Wildpeaks and liked them until the tread was about worn-out. They got a little worrysome on wet streets at that time. Put a set of Dick Cepek Extreme Country on. Traction is great but are noisy. Still planning on moving them to the Bronco.

Wildpeaks were worth about 55 K miles. They are designed with a little deeper tread in the center. I thought they worked pretty good most of the time. I wanted something a little more aggressive.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Been very happy with the BFG AT K02's on mine.. had fun in the mud... no issues in the rain.. played in the snow a couple times.. of the ones ive talked to that had them before buying.. some said they worn pretty good.. but depends on your maint routine.. if you stay on top of your tire rotations you can get the 55-60K outta them... but if you dont rotate them at all your likely to see about 30K ish..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts