Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

the Eff one fiddy after 5k miles

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
So my f-150 has rolled over her first 5k since I've owned it. I thought I'd give a report.

Here are my thoughts.

The radio is quite nice. No need to modify it. I wish it had the 6 disc like the super duty. But the sirius more than makes up for it.

The seats are getting better but I'd still rather sit in the seats of any superduty for a long day than these.
However I've been told the rear seat is to die for

It rides really nice

It drives really nice

Gas mileage is somewhere around 18 highway. Better than I expected

It's a slow turd off the line. However it's fully stock and that's expected in a crew cab truck I would guess.

Rear air vents. Passengers have commented that it's pretty nice. I've never ridden back there but i suspect it's pretty nice

The limited slip rear end has gotten me into and out of trouble already.

I hit a deer with it and the damage is so minimal that you wouldnt know unless I pointed it out.

I still dislike the black stock fx4 grill.

The cup holders work great for wine bottles and I love the removable inserts. You can stick some huge travel mugs in those babies.

The center console is big enough to carry a large revolver. Or 10 of them.

If you stick your rifle alongside the center console it will sit almost perfectly horizontally and keep the muzzle off the floor matt it's easy to get out too as long as your aren't buckled in.

When my dog rides in the passenger seat the seat belt alarm won't be quiet. That makes me crazy.

The shifter reminds me of a chrome vibrator. Probably why I like it.

U need to change oil. 5k -20?

Is it easy as the 6.0?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Long arms help to reach the filter from underneath. Glad you like the truck Jeb!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice report Tater!..glad you are liking it.

5w20 on the oil. wal mart motorcraft is the cheapest/best oil I can find.

Glad you like you're truck!

Ryan

According to 'Lester', Conoco Phillips is the oil company from which Motorcraft sources their oils. So, I get my semi synthetic 5w20 TropArtic Conoco Phillips from Sams Club much cheaper than the Motorcraft from Walmart...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Eh, I don't remember the last time I bought a single quart. Every vehicle in my driveway is running 5w20 now, so I just buy 2-3 of those 5 quart jugs every time I go for oil.

Ryan

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Either way it beats 4 gallons of full synth oil at the same interval.

Goshe darn dizzle

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
When my dog rides in the passenger seat the seat belt alarm won't be quiet. That makes me crazy.

My '09 Ranger has a goofy procedure in the manual that allows you to turn that alarm off.

One of those stupid key on-off, buckle-unbuckle a bunch of times kinda deals. Took me a couple tries, but it still beats having that alarm go off all the time.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
My '09 Ranger has a goofy procedure in the manual that allows you to turn that alarm off.

One of those stupid key on-off, buckle-unbuckle a bunch of times kinda deals. Took me a couple tries, but it still beats having that alarm go off all the time.

Does that bring out the luddite in you. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts