Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow, that thing thing, on the outside anyways, looks brand new......my guess in a market like this would have been topped off at around $10k, but current bid is already higher than that. I've always said something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I thought for 18k, the engine bay would be cleaner. But the stance looks great. Nice ride for sure. Should last the new owner.........say.....forever!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Wow, that thing thing, on the outside anyways, looks brand new......my guess in a market like this would have been topped off at around $10k, but current bid is already higher than that. I've always said something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I thought for 18k, the engine bay would be cleaner. But the stance looks great. Nice ride for sure. Should last the new owner.........say.....forever!

You going to buy it Ken?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You going to buy it Ken?

Nah....I'm looking for more of a daily driver....this one needs to be driven to church and on weekends.....just wish there was a little more attention to detail in the engine bay. I'd like a 73-77 just like this, but something I can beat around in and haul stuff with...you know, a good old work truck that looks nice. Probably around the $5-8k for me for my second dent.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
$17- 20K .But I would have to complain about the tires being to narrow for the wheels.
If I didn't have my truck I'd be on the phone with the guy and flying there with the cash.

You're right about the tires.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What would you all be willing to pay for this one? I want it bad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978...9169262?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b53602ee
Does it have 18,219 actual miles or not? The odometers of trucks of this vintage read to 99,999.9 then return to zero.

There is no molded plastic on the screws of these trucks speedo heads (like there was beginning in the mid 1980's) to tell if the speedo has been removed.

The seat cushion doesn't look like 18,219 miles as it's rumpled on the drivers side, caused by someone's behind sittin' on it for quite a while.

The needles on the gauges are badly faded...this is caused by direct sunlight...not something you would normally find if the truck has hardly been driven.

The right headlight bulb doesn't fit into the bucket properly....has the truck been hit, or did a spring break?

Wheel opening mouldings were not factory installed when Race Track mouldings were present.

The radio is a gypo, the truck has been repainted...what other sins does it have?

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
From pic appearance, that is one of the nicest short bed trucks I've ever seen. As Bill pointed out there is some flaws and really there should be being the truck is over 30 years old (hardly driven or not). With any classic vehicle when someone is advertisng low miles, 1 owner, original, no rust and all that jazz, 1st step is to be very skeptical. Is there trucks out there like that, absolutely. Are there many more trucks being advertised as such and no where near it, absolutely. Whether or not it's true or not who's to say, but from a trained eye, one could tell. A through visual inspection in person can tell right off the bat. I've always thought that a truck or car for that matter being advertised on ebay out of all places sounds more of a scam than anything. I've always thought that if a truck exists like that and unless it's been sitting in a barn out of sight for that many years and not driven, than it could be true, but if it was sitting under a car port and never driven, I'm sure many people would have talked with the guy many times and I'm sure he would have given it up to someone other than a dealer who is always going to under pay and try to make a killing. I guess I've just seen too many scams out there to actually believe it especially on ebay.

But, if is it that kind of condition, well worth it and would be a very very awesome truck.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Original: As it rolled off the assembly line.

A truck that has been repainted, had the bumper and grille replaced, has a swapped in gypo A/C and radio, different (newer) wheels, has been lifted and lawd knows what else has been done...is not original.

People buy vehicles every day on ebay, but how many check them out first?

If you are too far away, you can hire an ebay inspector to look at it. Hemmings Motor News has inspectors one can hire (listed in the Services Offered section).

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Does it have 18,219 actual miles or not? The odometers of trucks of this vintage read to 99,999.9 then return to zero.

There is no molded plastic on the screws of these trucks speedo heads (like there was beginning in the mid 1980's) to tell if the speedo has been removed.

The seat cushion doesn't look like 18,219 miles as it's rumpled on the drivers side, caused by someone's behind sittin' on it for quite a while.

The needles on the gauges are badly faded...this is caused by direct sunlight...not something you would normally find if the truck has hardly been driven.

The right headlight bulb doesn't fit into the bucket properly....has the truck been hit, or did a spring break?

Wheel opening mouldings were not factory installed when Race Track mouldings were present.

The radio is a gypo, the truck has been repainted...what other sins does it have?

Wow....You're good. I noticed the front headlight, but that's about it.

From pic appearance, that is one of the nicest short bed trucks I've ever seen. As Bill pointed out there is some flaws and really there should be being the truck is over 30 years old (hardly driven or not). With any classic vehicle when someone is advertisng low miles, 1 owner, original, no rust and all that jazz, 1st step is to be very skeptical. Is there trucks out there like that, absolutely. Are there many more trucks being advertised as such and no where near it, absolutely. Whether or not it's true or not who's to say, but from a trained eye, one could tell. A through visual inspection in person can tell right off the bat. I've always thought that a truck or car for that matter being advertised on ebay out of all places sounds more of a scam than anything. I've always thought that if a truck exists like that and unless it's been sitting in a barn out of sight for that many years and not driven, than it could be true, but if it was sitting under a car port and never driven, I'm sure many people would have talked with the guy many times and I'm sure he would have given it up to someone other than a dealer who is always going to under pay and try to make a killing. I guess I've just seen too many scams out there to actually believe it especially on ebay.

But, if is it that kind of condition, well worth it and would be a very very awesome truck.

Some good pointers Buck.

Original: As it rolled off the assembly line.

A truck that has been repainted, had the bumper and grille replaced, has a swapped in gypo A/C and radio, different (newer) wheels, has been lifted and lawd knows what else has been done...is not original.

People buy vehicles every day on ebay, but how many check them out first?

If you are too far away, you can hire an ebay inspector to look at it. Hemmings Motor News has inspectors one can hire (listed in the Services Offered section).

I didn't know there were these types of inspectors. Wish I knew you guys before I bought my dent, however, when we got there to pick it up, it was 10x's better than advertised, as he said it would be on the phone. Maybe I got lucky. I bought my rig on ebay and flew cross country to bring her home. We're still friends, the PO and I and the more and more I learn about my rig through use, maintenance and such, the more I realize what a great deal I got.

Both those headlights look like they are aimed at the trees

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts