Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

Fl.
I am looking. I may buy that SC but what do you have, I am interested.

That the one yu were asking about before? I don't really think they were very rare unless you are looking for one :D After you find one they will be everywhere.
John
If you want a project I have one with 60s f&r bad motor & trans but great body out here in az

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Just about everything...well if you know the codes. From the VIN...it is a legit 250 SC 4x4 denoted by X26.

Fl.
My problem with the truck is the build date of 9/ 77 a title that says 19 78 truck and a square headlighted grill that the owner swears is original on a 78 ranger. Any help here?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
9/77 would have definitely been a 78, just an early 78 (look at it these days, some 2011's were out back in June/July). A 78 would have also had rectangular headlight doors, with either round head lights or rectangular headlights.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
My problem with the truck is the build date of 9/ 77 a title that says 19 78 truck and a square headlighted grill that the owner swears is original on a 78 ranger. Any help here?

Just like now, trucks built in one year can be the next model year. And if I recall from reading, the square headlights came on the higher trim levels..I could be wrong on that, hopefully others will chime in.

Fl.
Did a little checking around. The ranger trim level did come with the square headlight option in 78 so I am good with that because this is a ranger, so it makes sense. Every thing else on the truck seems to be correct. I am getting a few more pictures tonight. I am going to need a few body parts / panels. Is there a good selection of panels for these trucks. Everything is available for the little broncos I do, is it the same way for these trucks? Is there anything they don't make That i should look out for in the truck i am buying.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Customs in 1978 had round headlights--all other trim levels came with rectangular headlights.

All trims got the rectangle lights in '79.

And...I agree with the guys above--most of the '78 trucks were probably actually built in '77.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just about every common part is made for these rigs. If I were you, I'd first check Green Sales and Dennis Carpenter for any replacement parts. They're a little more expensive up front, but it's better to only cry once.

Fl.
I am finding all the body parts I need, except for sheet-metal patch panels around the top of the cab drip rails. Any help/ vendor?

August /september is the first month of the next year's production

You have a 78

IN 1978 ONLY CUSTOM TRIM HAD round HEADLIGHTS

In 1978 Ranger trim and above had RECTANGULAR

In 1979 all trim lines came with Rectangular headlghts

In grade school we learned a square was made up of 4 equal (same Length) sides

Also in grade school we learned that a rectangle had 2 sides that were equal in length and 2 other sides that were equal

NO SQUARE headlights in the 70's.

DETAILS Details Details

from 1979..read the way it is worded

79FordTruckPage8.jpg

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Realistically I think 99% of the people on this site know what he is refering to without pointing out the difference between a square and a rectangle. :rotz:

August/September is the first month of the next year's production
Which is it?
August or September? ;)

Did Ford change it?
My '91 Bronco was made last week of July of '90.
Or do I got that wrong somewhere? :/

In grade school we learned a square was made up of 4 equal
(same Length) sides
Also in grade school we learned that a rectangle had 2 sides
that were equal in length and 2 other sides that were equal
Well, that just goes to show ya...
you Canajians are smarter than we thought! ;)

Butthead in AZ

Ford Truck Articles