Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dent "Parts" We Find

I guess the assumption is, if it's got the original box, it's probably NOS.

It does seem kinda pricey, but it's possible that he will get that. If he had the pair, they would probably be gone by now.

Ya, I knew that, I bought some NOS wheel well trim, tailights buckets, and things of that sort for my truck, but the packaging said "Ford" on it, I couldn't tell with this one.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Most of the stuff he lists is not cheap, I did talk to him on the phone once regarding a bumper and he seems quite knowledgeable and a decent guy to talk with. It is a business for him I think and when someone has an NOS piece and needs/wants it bad enough, it will sell.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I blame his prices on the speculation factor. We all witnessed a drive in prices by the hand of an individual bidder...smiliegitrdone

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So what are you saying? smilietease :rofl: :rofl:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
He is saying stop buying this stuff like it is gold :rofl2:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
:rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
He is saying stop buying this stuff like it is gold :rofl2:

When you get in a bidding war...the best way to win is crushing the other guy's morale. Too bad the sellers are going to have a coronary when they find out the Dman has damn near everything he needs.

License plate light;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
3 years ago I bought two of these at around $10 each. This one is $75.

Yeah...that's just ridiculous. When I bought NOS for Red after the wreck, I'd be willing to bet prices were 20% of what they are today. Should be a good push for solid OEM parts in the near future though.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Sometimes the problem with NOS is the age. At least when it comes to seals, gaskets, etc. I just purchased a hood to cowl NOS seal from a parts supplier in Texas at a HUGE price (I thought) to replace the aftermarket one I have on Burt that doesn't quite fit as well as I thought it should. It arrived in the original box... brittle .. .and snapped in half the second I tried to unwind it. They are going to replace it, but I anticipate it may be the same and I will end up with a refund.

Dak

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have used Dennis Carpenter for things like door seals, and the fit and wear is perfect. Not NOS, but for a daily driver, I prefer it just to be reliable and functional.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That's awesome, never knew that was available. Great info.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Sometimes the problem with NOS is the age. At least when it comes to seals, gaskets, etc. I just purchased a hood to cowl NOS seal from a parts supplier in Texas at a HUGE price (I thought) to replace the aftermarket one I have on Burt that doesn't quite fit as well as I thought it should. It arrived in the original box... brittle .. .and snapped in half the second I tried to unwind it. They are going to replace it, but I anticipate it may be the same and I will end up with a refund.

Dak

FOLLOW UP. The new one was perfect, pliable and fits great!

Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts