Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Talking about my Rear Brakes

Well my rear brakes went out on my way to school yesterday. Was an exciting drive to class thats for sure. smilietease

Anyway, took it home and checked out to see whats a matta. The drums have been shaking like hell since I bought it last spring and not having any income or time to even check, I have been getting by just until I could come up with some extra dough. Tax return finally shows up and I put in the bank. :jumping:

So I decided now is as good of a time as ever. took them apart, found that both Drums were oversized and can not be machined anymore. The Drivers forward wheel cylinders piston popped out enough to leak ( due to the oversized out of round drums) and the shoes were on correctly by primary and secondary, but were NOT on by inboard and outboard sides of the shoes. PLEASE AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES ARE INSTALLED CORRECTLY.

So I ended up with new drums, wheel cylinders, shoes and hardware. While doing the work, I found a busted leaf on the passenger side rear, so my next step is to find one. I may go to the yard and scavenge one out of another leaf pack until I have more dough to buy a new set of springs.

Just felt like talking about my pickup tonight.

It's always good when things go back together and it is better than ever. Just one thing at a time to make it right and get that sense of accomplishment. I've recently purchased my F150 and intend to drive it across the Mt. Hood pass once every week for work. Still a work in progress but so close to getting there.smilieFordlogo Good luck with your springs.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts