Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spied: Ford tests 'Scorpion' 6.7-liter V8 diesel

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Looks like Diesel is the way to go nowadays, better fuel than it's gas cousins and only thing I wouldn't like about it is Diesel is 4.05 a gallon here, compared to 3.35 for gas.

We'll see what happends, hopefully the urea injection will turn out better than the whole DPF mess, sounds it should work well...These new 6.4 equipped trucks are not seeing the fuel economy everyone hoped for. Delete the DPF system and I think there will be a large improvement.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
The only thing that scares me about the Urea injection system is that the last new Urea reactor built here in the States blew up in 1969 in California. Tell me what this is going to cost me to get re-charged?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I don't mean to change the subject but why build a v8 diesel engine..
If a 8 cylinder's are better 4 then why aren't the big rigs all running 8?
I use to work for Penske trucking and we hated the Nav star engines all ways breaking down all ways blowing some thing, Detroit were a little better and Cat's had very little issues other then the normal ones and the old Cummings like old N14 engines were just awesome and ran like a raped banshee. We would get new International trucks in and when we would crank them up to move them in to the shop to go over them they blow a head gasket or turbo complete junk. Thats the only thing that has kept me at bay every time I thought about buying a PSD, yes they have power out the rare and sound awesome but I know Navs are cheap and thats why no real OTR trucker will touch one, I hate the Navstars because every time we would get a whole line of them coming in we just knew more work, why doesn't ford go with Detroit or Cat.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
"why doesn't ford go with Detroit or Cat"..............Detroit and cat dont want the headaches of producing an engine that has the horsepower numbers, meets emissions, plus, is small enough to fit in a production pickup.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I don't know of all the models Cat makes but they do make smaller engines they go in small cargo trucks I mostly worked with the De 60s... HP didn't matter much the big De60s only had about 4 to 500hp and 12 to 1500 pound feet, seems to me it would be a great thing for a company to do.. But thats just my view on things.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts