Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

side window for 79 Bronco

I have a 79 Bronco that needs seals for the side windows on the camper shell. The window has a solid half quater slide and a small vent window. Anybody have any ideas on where to find the seals?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You might want to try Dennis Carpenter.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What Bronco had a camper shell? None.

The weatherstrips for the roof side windows (sliding or not) are not reproduced for 1978/79's.

I have Carpenter's 1966/96 Bronco repro parts catalog...there is no listing.

So BKW what would you call it? if not a camper shell.
So you cannot get new weatherstriping for these windows. When you look thru all the books it shows seals for the solid windows but not the sliding windows.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
So BKW what would you call it? if not a camper shell. So you cannot get new weatherstriping for these windows.

When you look thru all the books it shows seals for the solid windows but not the sliding windows.
The roof can be removed, but that doesn't make it a camper shell.

During my 49 years in the partsbiz, I've never heard a Bronco roof referred to as a camper shell...by anyone...until now.

If you want the part numbers, they are listed in the 1973/79 Ford Passenger Car Parts Catalog, available on a CD from hipoparts.com

Someone here on FTF asked awhile ago, I listed the numbers, but cannot recall where.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
No Bronco part numbers listed. Post #14 has the '73/79 Passenger Car Parts Catalog illustration for the Bronco parts, but only shows basic numbers.

The only numbers listed in that thread are for the trucks camper (canopy) shell, not the same.

I coulda swore I listed the numbers, maybe on t'other site.

Just got my new LMC book today 78/79 Bronco on page #11 shows window seals so look online if you don't have a book, they are there for sure.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Are these w/strips (seals) for the sliding side windows, or for the fixed side windows? If fixed, there is one w/strip per side, right/left is the same. So, there would only be one part number.

If for sliding windows, there are four individual w/strips per side, so there would be four part numbers, not one.

Click on the link in post #6. When the other thread appears, go to post #14. Look at the parts catalog pic of the slider parts. Betcha what LMC offers doesn't match.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
so the windows would be the same [confused] even tho the catalogs just show the solid window
Click on the link in post #6, then when the other thread comes up, go to post #14.

Post #14: The parts catalog illustration (top picture) shows ALL the movable window parts for 1978/79 Bronco's.

None of these parts, not the w/strips, nor the glass, nor anything else...are the same as with the fixed (non movable) window.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts