Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Scamsoil Deceit

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Check this out. This is a prime example of Scamsoil's deceit! Notice how is has
API CJ-4 on the label, trying to make you believe it is CJ-4 API certified. In
reality, this oil (and all other Scamsoil products except one) ARE NOT API certified at all!!

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/deo.aspx

Now, who would by a product from a company like this?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
After spending $150 on 14-16 quarts of Amsoil ATF and it causing my transmission to make some horrid noises, NOT ME! Yeah I was young and naive and I was looking for the most expensive atf I could find. Worst mistake I ever made. Switched back to Valvoline dino oil (for half the cost, I might add) and my transmission is running great again.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
After spending $150 on 14-16 quarts of Amsoil ATF and it causing my transmission to make some horrid noises, NOT ME! Yeah I was young and naive and I was looking for the most expensive atf I could find. Worst mistake I ever made. Switched back to Valvoline dino oil (for half the cost, I might add) and my transmission is running great again.

Scamsoil AFT? Now you got me going!!!! I've already looked into this, and you
won't believe what I found!! Notice in the link below that they state this
"universal" ATF will meet the specs for:
Ford MERCON®, MERCON® V & SP

The viscosity specs for all three of these Ford ATFs are different, and DON'T overlap!!! Now how do you think this
"universal" ATF is going to meet the spec of all three! Besides that the Mercon SP used in the TorqueShift trannies hasn't been licensed to anybody!

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Again I say, who would buy a product from a company like this?????

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Bob, that 'universal' nature of the ATF is what made me nervous about it to begin with. I've been told NOT to use Mercon V with the e4od so that made me nervous. But Ford has also stopped production of the III saying that V can be used with any III-compliant transmissions, so that relaxed me a bit.

At the end of the day, I had nothing but problems with the Amsoil Universal ATF. Sure wish I could get my danged money back :headbang:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Scamsoil AFT? Now you got me going!!!! I've already looked into this, and you
won't believe what I found!! Notice in the link below that they state this
"universal" ATF will meet the specs for:
Ford MERCON®, MERCON® V & SP

The viscosity specs for all three of these Ford ATFs are different, and DON'T overlap!!! Now how do you think this
"universal" ATF is going to meet the spec of all three! Besides that the Mercon SP used in the TorqueShift trannies hasn't been licensed to anybody!

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

Again I say, who would buy a product from a company like this?????

You found it.... gee Bob... lets give credit where it due!!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts