Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rough idle, harder start, several codes...

This is my first time posting... I have an early 1999 F350 7.3... I am having a difficult time diagnosing my problem... When I start the truck, it idles a little rough (rougher than typical 7.3), when I am driving it, it seems OK, even when towing, until I come to a stop, then it shakes all over the place like its missing. I have replaced the injectors, the glow plugs, the leaky fuel bowl, the frame mounted fuel pump, a number of sensors, the IPR, the PCM, IDM, and Turbo have also been replaced within the last year and a half. I used ForScan today, and it gave me the following codes: P0475, P0500, P1832, P1876, B1203, B1318, B1352, B1869, B2425.

Any Ideas?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
P0475 - back pressure control module malfunction

P0500 - Failed vehicle speed sensor. Open or short in the wiring harness.

P1832 - another transmission code concerning the pressure control module

P1876 - transmission control module

B1203 - fuel sender shorted to battery

B1318 - battery low voltage

B1352 - ignition key short

B1869 - air bag electronic sensor failure

B2425 - keyless entry out of sync.

Outside of what the codes mean i dont know what to tell you. If i were to "guess" to me it sounds like you might have a bad harness somewhere.

Thank you for the input, I hadn’t considered a harness issue. I had a guy who works on 7.3s tell me that he thought it had a bad valve. But he is also the one who told me it was likely bad injectors, which have been replaced with no changes (except in my wallet).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts