Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replacing cab...

I have what I am sure is a 1972 chassis with dually and dump bed. It has a 1970 100 cab on it that is rusted out, repaired and rusted out again.

I am seeking to replace the cab with the newest model I can fit. I am hoping for no older than mid 80's and no newer than 2000. Don't care if it is F100-F350... Would love if an extended cab could fit.

I am capable of small modifications, yet I don't intend to spend much money aside from purchase of cab. I use this solely for utility and only want to preserve the integrity of its function. However, if I can improve its value and function at the same time, win.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or information.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
You are stuck with 79 down For a almost bolt on . .

But could fab frame mounts for 96 down as long has none eletric speedo We just put 87 down Dash none efi wiring harness in them easy to change . Mounts are easy but getting the speedo to work since you trans /rear has no option for it isn't .

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Anything after '72 is gonna be wider on the mounts. Thus you'll be adapting any kind of mounting to work on that groanframe...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts