Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

rear brakes tomorrow

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Carl, I think you and I would work well together...

I, too, spend a great deal of my time kicking things and cursing (though I'm trying to tone that down now that there are little kids across the street- they don't need to be asking Mommy what a "[very obscene and nonsensical curse phrase]" is and why that guy across the street called his truck that).

I do it without the aid of cheap beer, though- if I ever started drinking while I was working, you'd probably be finding my tools in the next county, after the firemen got done putting out the inferno where I torched my truck.

Glad to hear that you got it together in the end, though.

I had to look at that pic twice. I thought he had it sitting on one of those chinese jacks. I see a jack stand though. Had me worried for a minute. LOL

blacksnapon

Staff member
Carl, I think you and I would work well together...

I, too, spend a great deal of my time kicking things and cursing (though I'm trying to tone that down now that there are little kids across the street- they don't need to be asking Mommy what a "[very obscene and nonsensical curse phrase]" is and why that guy across the street called his truck that).

I do it without the aid of cheap beer, though- if I ever started drinking while I was working, you'd probably be finding my tools in the next county, after the firemen got done putting out the inferno where I torched my truck.

Glad to hear that you got it together in the end, though.
I've got a guy 2 bays away from me thats just like that! The other day, he threw a tantrum that a three year old would have blushed at. He ended up spiking a 300 dollar makita drill into the concrete. Of course me, and my politically correct way "That drill wont do that to you any more, will it?". Everybody in there, held their breath (He's a second degree black belt in tae quon do).

the only thing that i actually threw today was my credit card at the clerk in NAPA. i was tempted to set things afire, throw 'em, hit 'em with a golf club, and just stomp 'em for the sake of it.
restraint has become my montra. i suck at that montra thing

Last edited:

Kep4

Jäger
It doesn't actually make me happy but... I'm glad to see I'm not the only unlucky sonuvagun when it comes to repairing vehicles. I always need one more freakin part when I'm working on something. Then the counter guy will say, "Oh yeah, ya always gotta replace them things!" I gather a mental picture of snapping his neck while sliding my debit card through the machine... again.... the same day....

oh hell.... i wish i had a dollar for every time i heard from a parts jockey,,," they should have given this to you also. they are always bad". i'd be driving a Bently

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm not so much unlucky as inept...

I'm the guy who always creates a new problem in fixing an existing one, but then I give up and live with the new problem:
-having trouble with the blinker/wiper switch in my truck, so I replaced it. The auto-cancelling blinkers broke after a week, and no returns on electrical components.
-new fuel pump because it was original, and I had the bed off anyway. Now the gas gauge is kinda wonky.
-Rebuilt transmission installed, clutch nightmare that neither the mechanic nor dealer couldn fix (so I did it myself...:rolleyes:), finally got it driveable, and the damn speedometer/odometer is off 18%.

And people wonder why I curse so much when I work on stuff...[confused]

Kep4

Jäger
I'm not so much unlucky as inept...

And people wonder why I curse so much when I work on stuff...[confused]
And I'm right there with ya on those... and the cursing.

I can clearly picture it now... I'm laying under my truck on ice cold concrete early on a December Saturday morning with Diesel fuel running into my armpit, transmission fluid coating my crotch, grease chunks under each eyelid, 15W-40 soaking the hair on the back of my cranium, and my adorable Wife asking, "How much longer? I thought this would take 15 minutes!". :blah:

I've been known to engage in colorful language at that time. That's about the exact moment when she takes the kids to see a movie....

blacksnapon

Staff member
Want me to bring Cody down there? He's my 8 yr old. Also a Second Degree Black Belt, but in Tae Kwon Do. :D
The last time he growled at me, I got nose to nose with him "you do realize I've thrown haybales that weigh more than you!" We've gotten along well since!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea no kidding nothing like being 30+ miles from the parts store and relising you need just one more 37 cent part....spendding 10 bucks to get ther ean dback.

Or fixing a tranny pan gasket. And blowing the tranny...

hitting a deer. Blowing up the radiator. Bent it at lower corner. only one you can find is a 3 core. and you gotta go to work 100 miles away th enext day. I zip tied my fan shrou on. And it still works today. and that was in january. But now..when you leave you ac on for two long. The truck starts heat up.....:rofl:

don't start old man. This is CARL's thread. Only he can make fun of me here.

Ryan
Why would goose begin to make fun of you, when you do such a good job of it yourself???
His whole point was, the material was there. All one needs to do is connect the dots.
oH.... Sorry if that complicates things :rofl:

I always thought Gordon drove both ways!
wishful thinking??? :rofl:

Heard a good one.... what do you call 23 rednecks chasing a *** around in a circle?

NASCAR!!! :rofl: I know I'm gonna hear about this... but dang!

Carl.... that ABS light actually means "Anhauser Busch Supply". you're running dangerously low on beer.

they're done.... and abs light is gone after bleeding. the shoes were so bad i'd not given the lesser bad 1 to a 1 legged Ethiopian that may have eaten the spare.
but... as i pulled into the back yd to put my stands, floorJack, and tire blocks in the shed,, the truck wouldn't start up as i left. i looked at Sas, thought out loud "how far can i throw a fat dog", she looked at me "how much of his throat can i bite and still get back in the truck, .i caved. it was a loose nut on the starter relay. Doh!!

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
they're done.... and abs light is gone after bleeding. the shoes were so bad i'd not given the lesser bad 1 to a 1 legged Ethiopian that may have eaten the spare.
but... as i pulled into the back yd to put my stands, floorJack, and tire blocks in the shed,, the truck wouldn't start up as i left. i looked at Sas, thought out loud "how far can i throw a fat dog", she looked at me "how much of his throat can i bite and still get back in the truck, .i caved. it was a loose nut on the starter relay. Doh!!
Proud of ya Carl! Keep that up, and I could probably find a sellers sexton uniform for you!

I am sure Sas is thankful for your decistion.

yeah blue i do..... i had to wait for an emergency brake handle from NAPA to make it done. i got pissed the other day and kicked like a guppie out of water, broke that handle, and couldn't test the new brakes. i've got the patients of Sassy over the dinner bowl.

Ford Truck Articles