Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

quick tire question

Pony Hauler

Delaware Chapter member
I am looking at purchasing a 2010 FX4. Now I want to keep my 20 x 9 inch wheels off my FX2 and put them on this new truck. How big of a tire can I put on a stock FX4.
Thanks Kevin

Pony Hauler

Delaware Chapter member
This new truck has 20s on it, but I like my DC Torques. Naturally the new truck comes with pirellis which are more of a street tire than an offroad.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I am looking at purchasing a 2010 FX4. Now I want to keep my 20 x 9 inch wheels off my FX2 and put them on this new truck. How big of a tire can I put on a stock FX4.
Thanks Kevin

Off-topic but is that how the Misses got the new Jeep, let you get a new truck. smilietease j/k

Mine came with 18" wheels and I believe 32" tires. Looks to be plenty of room to go bigger for me.

Pony Hauler

Delaware Chapter member
I'm thinking a 33 will work. I just wanted to find out before I take the time to swap the TPMS sensors back to the stock wheels.

We have talked about getting a crew cab for a few months. and then came along this rather large furry monster.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'm thinking a 33 will work. I just wanted to find out before I take the time to swap the TPMS sensors back to the stock wheels.

We have talked about getting a crew cab for a few months. and then came along this rather large furry monster.

33's will probably fit. That being said, check the diameter difference between them and the stock setup. We came across some bizarre and unreal driveability issues that were totally unrelated to the wheel/tire swaps, but directly due to OBDII not reading the new diameters and making adjustments accordingly (and there's not a lot you can do to fix this).

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
I would hope he'd find what he wants within the next month. He's very particular in what he wants though....unlike me, he likes all the "bells and whistles".

Ford Truck Articles