Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Questions Regarding My '68 390 F100

If what I was told is correct, I put the truck in reverse, hit the brakes fairly hard and the brakes should auto-adjust. I did that and they seem to pull less. That said, when I was under the truck I noticed fluid leaking from the passenger rear drum so new cylinders are a must.

I don't have the fender pieces so I may take you up on that offer, much appreciated!

Their just laying in my yard ,they are free ,just have to pay for shipping!

I have all the pieces including the little short corner pieces!..:)

No trim cleaning this weekend, but I did take her out on a couple of short trips to test the waters of reliability. Made it through with no stalling or problems other than the tranny not wanting to hold a gear and brakes pulling.

I added a quart of fluid which seemed to help the shifting and the brakes just need to be rebuilt.

Last edited:
No trim cleaning this weekend, but I did take her out on a couple of short trips to test the waters of reliability. Made it through with no stalling or problems other than the tranny not wanting to hold a gear and brakes pulling.

I added a quart of fluid which seemed to help the shifting and the brakes just need to be rebuilt.

The trim pieces are of aluminum ,so be careful of any chemical cleaner!

You might can use brake fluid to clean them ,you can try a little on
the back side of one to see if it discolors the aluminum!...:)

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If what I was told is correct, I put the truck in reverse, hit the brakes fairly hard and the brakes should auto-adjust. I did that and they seem to pull less. That said, when I was under the truck I noticed fluid leaking from the passenger rear drum so new cylinders are a must.

I don't have the fender pieces so I may take you up on that offer, much appreciated!
Be aware that the upper side mouldings of 1967's and 1968's before serial number C56,001 are 1 1/4" wide.

1968 upper side mouldings from serial number C56,001, 1969's, 1970/72 Sport Custom are 1 1/2" wide.

Gotta love that naughty wet look!

2fd92249691db862fe30b22f7e811f3c.jpg

Nicely done, sounds awesome!

And yes, I have quite a few pics and vids of my old 5.0 mustang before I sold it!

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

The exhaust is pretty much some no name mufflers with true duals and no cross pipe. I want to get some new headers and an h-pipe put in.

The old girl died on me on the way to the house last night, fortunately I was carrying enough speed to coast half a block and into my apt complex.

I walked to the store for gas this morning and that seemed to get it back over to my apt. I'm thinking I might need a new fuel filter as this one never seems to want to fill up any more than halfway then drain out fairly quickly. I seem to remember it filling at least 90% and holding when I first got the truck.

This is what I have . . .

f0d7caea889c341f2f1c7d2d3a834c74.jpg

. . . as you can see, the outer chamber has already ran dry.

(Pic is sideways btw, the filter sits vertically)

Last edited:
The guage works, and I've traced the entire fuel line from tank to carb. Though if it works better I may look in to going back to it.

The reserve tank has also been taken out of the loop, the fuel switch is there but it doesn't do much.

The guage works, and I've traced the entire fuel line from tank to carb. Though if it works better I may look in to going back to it.

The reserve tank has also been taken out of the loop, the fuel switch is there but it doesn't do much.

Ah ,I see!
Was just getting some insight of your truck ,based on what I have!..

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles