Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pre-78 speed control steering wheel

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After two years of searching for a pre-78 cruise wheel for retrofitted 78/9 tilt in Red...I gave up hope of finding a pristine wheel. As a matter of fact, have barely found any roached examples. So I've decided to piece a few together. Sounded good until I saw the last one on eBay went for $365 a couple months ago and was pretty beat too, but the guys in my 73-79 groups came through and came up with these four for me. I'm still looking for more, but I'm a happy boy for now. If anyone has any, I currently have at least two dozen 78/9 tilt columns with 78/9 cruise wheels on them up for trade.

IMG_9805.JPG

IMG_9799.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Doesn't Carpenter have those one Ben?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
At one point in time...been out of stock for at least a year...and when he did have them, the pad/buttons alone were in the $350 range, I've spent less than $100 to get these to my door.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ahhh...I thought they were less as well. I'm piecing together a 79 wheel for Doug....I need to get back on it...lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Most my stuff is still boxed up, but I'll be moving it to the new shop over the coming weeks, so I'll see if I have anything useful, but I'm not cheap...haha. I have these two sitting out right now...most are about this shape...

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1975/77 F100/350 & Econoline use the same Speed Control steering wheel. The T/S switch is also Speed Control specific, same Econoline & F100/350.

A few of the switches (D5TZ-13341-B) are available NOS, no Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has the steering wheel.

Carpenter at one time had NOS Speed Control wheels, but all have been sold.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
1975/77 F100/350 & Econoline use the same Speed Control steering wheel. The T/S switch is also Speed Control specific, same Econoline & F100/350.

A few of the switches (D5TZ-13341-B) are available NOS, no Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has the steering wheel.

Carpenter at one time had NOS Speed Control wheels, but all have been sold.

The TS switch I knew was different, didn't realize it so difficult to come by though. How about the brake/cancel switch, are those two entirely different units as well?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes, they are Ben. I don't have the numbers though.

Crap...different like the TS switch and have to have the correct one, or different like the NSS where it can be jumpered and made to work?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Crap...different like the TS switch and have to have the correct one, or different like the NSS where it can be jumpered and made to work?
NSS (C7TZ-7A247-A / Motorcraft SW-600) is the same 1967/77. 1975/77: With or with Speed Control makes no difference.

Switch is obsolete, available NOS & from auto parts stores.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts