Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power window issue

Hello all, I'm new to the site and looking for some info. I have a 2011 F150 and I'm having issues with the rear driver side window. The window will not operate with the front switch at all and will go down but not up with the back switch. I have replaced the window regulator thinking that would solve my problem as I have had this issue in another truck and that worked that time. This time however it didn't fix it. After that didn't work I thought I had a bad switch, so I swapped my switch panel out with my brothers on his truck (2014 F150) and my switch panel worked on his like normal so I put his on my truck and had the same problem. So now I'm thinking it's a wire issue somewhere. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I've seen the same problems on non ford products. One was caused by a pinched wire in the door and the other problem was solved by hitting a pothole. Switches worked after hitting the pothole.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Doug has it, the wires usually rub together in the door where it goes into the jamb. you need to unhook them, pull them out, repair, and put back

Ford Truck Articles