Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Potential Trade 79 350 for my 79 Bronco

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What says you guys??? Here's a link to the 350:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/1979-ford-f350-mud-toy.131626/

It's more rough than my Bronco, but I'm looking at potential, and I have the necessary body parts. I have not physically put my hands on it...so it may be a basket, but I'm intrigued and we're both thinking it over. I have sentimental attachment to the Bronco because that's where I've learned most of my mechanical knowledge, beyond that...I'm kinda bored with it. I don't think it's really the direction I've wanted to go (expedition rig)...but things change with a 79 350. The guy is down to $4k...I think that's in the high side of fair, and I think my Bronco would be somewhere in 3k range. So what would you guys do??? Run like the wind...even swap...Bronco plus give cash....Bronco and receive cash...etc???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nevermind...the entertainment didn't last long.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Honestly, I'd want to receive some cash with the trade if I was you. That truck looks rough.

And whats going on with the Dr. Seuss springs?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...it would have needed some work...and it really wasn't what I was looking for, but the appeal of a 350 was there. I really am kinda getting bored with the Bronco though. I think I'm gonna start looking for 96's or 79's with the work I want done to it already done. As much as I enjoy wrenching, I just don't have the time anymore...and the accountant in me says 'why spend 10 grand to get a vehicle where you want it, when you can buy one that's already there for half the money.'

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
5500 dollars for that pile?!?!?

WTF?!?

Well...if you notice...he dropped to 4k. And it does carry the 350 premium...and that's what wooed me. Sheet metal is easily changed, but it would need to come down about a foot to correct some of that geometry

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
That does look pretty rough, I would advise against buying anything with "mud truck" or "mud toy" in the title. You know it's been beat on pretty good like that one

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thought the 21" lift was a misprint until I looked at the picture. No Thanks.

All you're basically getting is a cab with a 350 Vin tag on it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You guys are my voice of reason...I'd be significantly more impulse buys without you.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
.and the accountant in me says 'why spend 10 grand to get a vehicle where you want it, when you can buy one that's already there for half the money.'

Ya, that's what I should have thought before I started my 77 project. I see all the trucks posted in the "dents we find" thread and shake my head. Granted, the sentimental value and accomplishment that I have on my 77 is there and I'm happy with what I did (still doing), but I could have spent half the money and grabbed a F250 4x4 Crew in really nice shape. But, no regrets. I always wanted a ground up restore and I have one.

I'm glad the deal didn't go through Ben. While the F350 would be nice, I don't think it was worth trading the Bronco for, especially the "mudtruck". There are better ones out there.

I do like the F350 factor. My father in law has a 79 F350 in his JY WITHOUT the D60F and it's all rusted out, but I thought about scoring the chassis just to have an authentic F350 and find a D60 for it. Having an F250 with a D60 is cool in all, but just not the same as a true F350.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I didn't even check the link and I say keep the Bronco.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ya, that's what I should have thought before I started my 77 project. I see all the trucks posted in the "dents we find" thread and shake my head. Granted, the sentimental value and accomplishment that I have on my 77 is there and I'm happy with what I did (still doing), but I could have spent half the money and grabbed a F250 4x4 Crew in really nice shape. But, no regrets. I always wanted a ground up restore and I have one.

Yeah...I did the mechanical thing with the Bronco...I did the body work thing with Red. Not saying I know everything there is to know about automotive work, but I experienced it. I still enjoy tinkering, but taking on full projects just doesn't have a place in my driveway right now.

I do like the F350 factor. My father in law has a 79 F350 in his JY WITHOUT the D60F and it's all rusted out, but I thought about scoring the chassis just to have an authentic F350 and find a D60 for it. Having an F250 with a D60 is cool in all, but just not the same as a true F350.

Yeah...just something about a TRUE 350 that makes me drool.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Which is why you should sell me Thunder. smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles