Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Possible tranny issues

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My 05 Ex is experiencing some possible tranny problems. Is this signs of my tranny going out.

I have experienced several verry hard shifts recently. Yesterday I pulled out to pass a tractor. I was running about 30 mph. I punched it to pass, it shifted hard into second and third, It wouldn't shift out third and the tow/haul light started flashing. I pulled over and killed the Ex and restarted and all is fine. I drove it twice today and had no problems.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Change your fluid, sounds like a valve sticking in the valve body.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You may want to have it scaned as well if the tow houl was flashing it should have stored a code. I also see issues with the trans fluid temp sensor, which will cause the trans to do weird things.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Thanks. I'm going to take in to the shop asap. Do I need to take it to the dealer or a tranny shop? I trust my tranny shop more than the local dealers. I'll check codes tomorrow with my sct tuner. The Ex isn't tuned. 165,000 miles. I dont want to pop the head gaskets.

Ford Truck Articles