Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ordered some more goodies...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here are some shots of the stuff I got that they had in stock
and had to order about $250 worth of extra couplers and such! LOL

I got the Moroso Oil Filter adapter, Trans-Dapter remote oil filter bracket,
a couple -12 AN fittings, and a straight coupler.
The rest will be in this week!!

smiliegitrdone
CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Damn, I love AN fittings. I'd love to eventually plumb everything with them (costly), but I'll be going the black route.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
One thing to keep in mind with the black hoses is if there is any suction on the return lines they will collapse!

Todd- Your not the only one! LOL but at the pace I keep addin' stuff....... HAHA

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Anyone care to explain what all that crap does? Only thing that I recognized as ENGLISH was the remote filter kit; I know what that one does :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok then the rest gets the oil there! LOL

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Geez! Why spend so much money on such a simple task? I've seen countless other guys accomplish the same thing for much less....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Just cause, hell nobody else is doin it! LOL and to make it a little easier to change the oil filter! but mainly just cause.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok after buying everything, mocking it up, test fitting and double checking, Dad and I decided that the remote mount oil filter was NOT the way to go on a daily driver. Now that being said let me explain....

OK so the inlet for the radiator hose is about twice that of the the diameter of of the inlet side of the adapter. with it being on the pulling side of the motor, we didn't want to cavitate the water pump and risk burning the motor up. So I will return all the stuff and go back to stock.:headbang:
closeupoiladapter.jpg

Late '97's had remote oil filters mounted on the frame just in front of the left fender well. My early '97 the filter was on the engine, a guy had to be Houdini to get the oil filter in and out. By the time I got my '99 they put the filter back on the engine but they redesigned the tie rod to give some room to get the filter in and out.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah the filter location doesn't really bother me cause I don't change the oil so I just figured the safety of the motor is ALOT more important!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah but even that is getting OLD!!!!!LMAO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Cause for $50 I can have the oil changed w/ Royal Purple, front end completly lubed and new filter. I don't don't have to mess with it! LOL

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
my oil change only costs me about $12 and that includes 6 quarts of oil, filter, front end and u-joints all greased, everything under the vehicle checked, all fluids topped off, tire pressure adjusted AND a bottle of water!! but i guess thats what i get for working in the shop and doing all that stuff myselfsmilietease

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
One thing to keep in mind with the black hoses is if there is any suction on the return lines they will collapse!

Todd- Your not the only one! LOL but at the pace I keep addin' stuff....... HAHA

I meant black colored AN fittings, not the lines. ;)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
oh yeah those are tit but they are pricey! LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts