Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oasis Look Up Please

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Hey guys....

My son wants to buy a used 2001, F250, 7.3L PSD truck and I would greatly appreciate an oaisis look-up to tell me what has been done to this truck in the past.

The VIN is: 1FTNW21F51ED58895

Need it Friday AM or so if possible.

Thanks,

Jeff

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks for the reply.

We are working to complete the deal this evening.

Will lwt everyone know if we are a 2 truck (diesel) home by tonight.

1 = 6.0L (Mine and will always be mine - no more loaning it to my son)
1 = 7.3L (My son's)

Just a heads up guys....being a paid service, this isn't cool.
Open up a whole can of issues for the Forum.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just a heads up guys....being a paid service, this isn't cool.
Open up a whole can of issues for the Forum.

Interesting, I've always wondered about this. They used (still probably do) to do this on the other site, and I know they offer up Oasis reports on 2 other sites. So is this really an issue? Does it depend on who it comes from?

Goose...they've merged..Carfax and Oasis.
I'm just doing devils advocate. Want no problems for the joint.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Goose...they've merged..Carfax and Oasis.
I'm just doing devils advocate. Want no problems for the joint.

Huh? OASIS and GM VISS are Corporate internal service and sales databases. Nothing to do with Carfax, other than Carfax does get some of their data (recall history, etc) from the Corporate databases.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Just bought the truck this AM (or my son did).

Quick question... what kind of coolant does a 2001, F250, 7.3L PSD use? Is it the standard green stuff plus the additive... or if we do a flush with 100% distilled water... can we use a different coolant and no additives (such as the Ford premium Gold)??

Just asking... I am into longevity and not performance (my son may say otherwise).

Truck has 138,000 miles on it.... and is due to be "Beachbumcook" distilled water flushed this weekend... or next.

Your owners manual should tell you. 7.3's need coolant filters also. The same stuff that is caught in your 6.0 filter that clogs the oil cooler and causes egr cooler failure, eats water pumps on 7.3's.

Ernie's got it right. OASIS (Online Automotive Service Information System) is Ford Motor Company exclusive.

I stand corrected....upon further review the link I checked was a redirect.
Apologies.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Your owners manual should tell you. 7.3's need coolant filters also. The same stuff that is caught in your 6.0 filter that clogs the oil cooler and causes egr cooler failure, eats water pumps on 7.3's.

Yep... already did read it... but I have you guys to help me out!!!

The manual just gives a spec... I do not know if this is the "green stuff" of some other type? Since the manual states to add the F-15 (or whatever it is called additive) every 15,000 miles... I was just wondering if the newer Ford coolant works and protects like the older stuff but without the needed addition of the additive?

Yes... I did read the manual... duh... the first thing I actually did... (would you expect the Beachbumcook not to read it first)!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
If you can get all of the green stuff out of there, it wont hurt a thing to put the gold back in its place. It'll probably protect better against cavitation and breakdown of the coolant better.

Ford Truck Articles