Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Power going up hills

The truck has hesitation accelerating. If I go up a hill it will slow down to almost a stop. On the highway the rpms will jump up and down around 40 mph and will buck slightly or surge. It seems as if its downshifting. The truck has no low end power.

Things I did, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor, seafoam.

I'm thinking tps or map but I'm not sure. Is there a testing procedure for these? Or do you have any idea what the problem could be?

88 f350 460 fuel injected

I just did it twice and came back with the same codes 24,67,81 for KOEO ,14,19 for CM.

24 ACT. Would MAP sensor fix this? Or is it something separate?

67 NSS. The reason I havent bought this yet is because its special order and I dont know if I have electric shift or not?

81 MAP. This looks to be the cause of the problems.

14 PIP. Not Sure about this?
Two or more successive erratic Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) pulses occurred, resulting in a possible engine miss or stall.

29 VSS. This makes sense for the problem shifting but at the same time I read the map can do it too.

So I'm going to pick up the VSS and MAP. Not sure about the other parts yet. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Pip makes sense with your bucking description. Time for a new distributor. Go ahead and do the MAP sensor while you're at it then reset your ECM by disconnection your battery for 15 minutes.

tedrow42

Missouri Chapter member
they only do scans on 96 and up. On top of that they cant even tell me which part number to order when I know the part. They wouldnt be able to tell me if it was the pick up coil or distributor either.

That's odd they gave me a lil piece of mettal 2 stick in a deal and count then blinks or somthing
In my 92 but then again that was 7 years ago

Have you checked the fuel filter? I had a simular problem last week.....changed the filter and now the truck runs fine. I have an EFI 460.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts