Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nice short box

While at the local dealer today getting my oil changed, they had this truck in the show room. Short box 5.0 leveling kit, bigger tires and bed cover. It stickered out at around $34 000 with all the dealer options. I really like the look of the short box. And that is a Boss behind. They have two, wich is rare because there was only 240ish boss mustangs buit for Canada.
048-1.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i wished they offered higher trim packages in single cab, they usually keep them pretty basic its seemed the past few years stx and xl is about all ive seen in single cab with the base v6 and a couple 5.0 i think... but i doubt they would offer an eb and almost definately not a 6.2... id love to see a reg cab short bed raptor....

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
6.2 shortbed single cab 4x4 lariat... hint hint fomoco.. get started

It is a 4x4. My manager at work has a shortbed will the 6 in it. 3.8? I forget. He say it hauls arse and has no problem towing his 16' boat. I'd imagine the 5.0 would do a lot better. A 6.2 slammed to the ground shortbed would be the cats meow.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Having had several, I speak the 'red shortbed' language! I wonder if one (shortbed reg cab) is available with EcoBoost?

You can get the reg cab, but only longbed. I wonder why.... :suspicious:

Edit: Chris beat me to it.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
It is a 4x4. My manager at work has a shortbed will the 6 in it. 3.8? I forget. He say it hauls arse and has no problem towing his 16' boat. I'd imagine the 5.0 would do a lot better. A 6.2 slammed to the ground shortbed would be the cats meow.

3.7.. And yes even the 3.7 can haul arse.. Had one almost 2 years ago in a crew cab config. With the 3.7.. Even then I was EXTREMELY impressed

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That 3.7 does about as well as the old 4.6. The new 5.0 does as good or a little better than the old 5.4. Ford has really done wonders with this new generation of motors.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts