Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Ranger - New Updates for 2023+

The next generation Ranger will get some updates and some new design cues, taking on some of the Maverick's design language. It will be nearly 2 inches longer and wider, and will take on some of the F-150's features.

Next Generation Ford Ranger Gets Some Updates

I see they are going to ditch the 3.2 5 cylinder we've had for years ..... interestingly enough VW's Amarok is going to use the platform for their trucks as well. Interestingly they will also include the 3.0 v6 diesel you had in the F150 as well ..... can't wait to have a play with one of those!!!

1637841656056.jpg

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Back in the 90's Mazda Navajo SUV's were just a rebadged Ford, right down the the oval on the grille sans Ford emblem. They were just an Exporer with a Mazda nametag. I was working at a Mercury/Lincoln dealer that had Mazda, VW, Audi, Porsche when those came out.

Last edited:
Ford and Mazda have definitely split on the Ranger program , Mazda's version was called the BT50 (earlier versions were called Bounty).

Mazda now use the Isuzu D-Max ute as their BT50 platform now .... interestingly enough the D-Max was up until recently also known as the Holden Colorado (previously called Rodeo) here - i guess Mazda haven't introduced their version into the States?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ford and Mazda have definitely split on the Ranger program , Mazda's version was called the BT50 (earlier versions were called Bounty).

Mazda now use the Isuzu D-Max ute as their BT50 platform now .... interestingly enough the D-Max was up until recently also known as the Holden Colorado (previously called Rodeo) here - i guess Mazda haven't introduced their version into the States?
Nope. No Mazda truck in the states.

Ludachris

Staff member

It’s always interesting to see all the different collaborations and partnership offerings around the world.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I see they are going to ditch the 3.2 5 cylinder we've had for years ..... interestingly enough VW's Amarok is going to use the platform for their trucks as well. Interestingly they will also include the 3.0 v6 diesel you had in the F150 as well ..... can't wait to have a play with one of those!!!

View attachment 35143
Looks like the negative was reversed on the picture. The steering wheel is on the wrong side. :D

Ford Truck Articles