Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

NewB

Hi, all. :wavey: I'm new & gotta start with a question, of course.:( I'm driving (well I was anyway) a 67 F100. It has a serious steering problem & I can't find any help in Chilton's. The bearing set at the bottom of the steering column housing is totally broke. Can't find any source for the bearings. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanx
Don

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
First off- welcome!
c6seeya2.gif

I'm not going to be much help in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that will be.

Fellro

Staff member
You could check LMC truck, or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, not sure who makes such, but that is a common problem.The 73-79's also suffer that same issue.

First...welcome to the site.

I am not familiar with the steering issues of one that new. I can link you to just about all the aftermarket suppliers of parts for our old trucks. Don't know if that will help or not.

Go here and look at the list (with website links):

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155

A lot of parts for trucks as old as mine (56) are available at NAPA auto parts. You need to talk to somone who has been there a while though. They know how to use the old catalogs. The computers won't show the parts you need. The catalogs show a lot of the smaller parts for mine even.

Hope that helps a little.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Welcome to the site. I hope you find something soon and don't forget to post up some pics!!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hi, all. :wavey: I'm new & gotta start with a question, of course.:( I'm driving (well I was anyway) a 67 F100. It has a serious steering problem & I can't find any help in Chilton's. The bearing set at the bottom of the steering column housing is totally broke. Can't find any source for the bearings. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanx
Don

I'd go scroungeing the local junk yards if you can't find anything online.
I'd get you up and running untill you could find one in better shape, anyway.

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts