Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New training

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just had to do web training on the aluminum body repairs to keep my senior master certification.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Anything out of the ordinary for them?

blacksnapon

Staff member
No, just explaining the difference in curing techniques for adhesives, repair techniques, and explaining all the different types of steel in bodies.

F150

easy
I hope they get the paint to stay on it. Had a 2000 with an aluminum hood that bubbled and peeled in less than 5 years. And the '07 started by the grill surround that was fixed under warranty (was blamed on over tight mounting screws). We'll see how the '13 fares......

blacksnapon

Staff member
I hope they get the paint to stay on it. Had a 2000 with an aluminum hood that bubbled and peeled in less than 5 years. And the '07 started by the grill surround that was fixed under warranty (was blamed on over tight mounting screws). We'll see how the '13 fares......
In the training, there was instructions on cross contamination of metals causing bubbling. Not using body tools made for steel on aluminum. Essentially having 2 sets of body tools on hand.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts