Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member, New truck

I learned to drive in a 1974 ford truck with a 3 in the tree. so 20 some years later - I thought It would be a good idea to get another one. I found a 1972 truck that has a lot of fresh parts and some fresh paint. it has a 302 with a 3 in the tree. Runs and shifts good. Its needs a-little work, but its a joy to drive.. I'd rather drive it instead of my 2013 truck.. Here are a few photos.

Also I've seen some people calling these bumps, Why is that?

jb

Attachments

• front.JPG
  • dash.JPG
  • rear.JPG
  • seat.JPG
  • side.JPG
Also this truck has very little rust. It came from south Carolina. If you look behind the grill you can see the white paint.. Should that be painted back to match the radiator?

check out the bed.. The guy I got it from had some spray in bed liner stuff installed in the middle of the bed... I wonder why.. Everyone says they like the look, but I'm not sure what to do with it,

What do you guys think?

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice truck, welcome to FTF, and the fen 5 trucks were called bumps , because of the body contour along the side bulged out , and the gen 6 trucks the body contour along the side is concave or dented in that's why the gen 6 trucks were called Dents. Hope this helps yousmilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts