Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New from Colorado

Hi all, I was doing a search for a 460 swap into my 81 F250 when I stumbled across this forum. So I decided to join.

I have been around for some time.

I have a 64 F100 street rod pickup I put a 460/C6 in and a 67 Mustang I have owned for 20 years, Both are for sale now because of my current situation. :(

I just handed down my 78 F150 4x4 that my dad bought new to my brother in law. I just recently aquired a 81 F250 thats in near mint condition. Anyway the #5 hole is dead and im thinking my best bet would be to swap my fresh 460 from my 64 into the 81. I need to have something reliable to get me back and forth to school and work.

I have owner many other pickups except a bumpside. For some reason or another one of those has not fallen into my hands yet.

previously owned Ford pickups

76 F150 short bed 390 4 speed 4x4
85 F250 long bed 460 4 speed 4x4
96 F 250 7.3l TDI Ext cab short bed 4x4
05 F150 4.2l 5 speed 2wd
06 F150 XLT 5.4l 3v FF 4x4 6.5' bed 4x4
78 F150 custom short bed 351m/400 with 700k plus <be3st damn truck ever!
82 F150 long bed 4x4 < just aquired
Oh I had a Ford courier once too if that counts. and prob forgot many others.
I was a Ford technician for many years and have been starved out by greedy managers and horrible warranty pay. I am off to do something else.

Here are some pictures

Almost forgot about my 69 Bronco full width axles rock crawling project

my 81 F250 go through the links and check out other pics if you like.

Thanks

Shawn

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Welcome....man, that 64 looks like an awesome project.....also I can't believe you passed down your 78 from your dad.....ouch! I couldn't find any pictures of that in your albums...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I gotcha.....that would be the only reason I'd pass it on as well....looks like you guys beat the crap out of it....good restore work truck for you BIL though.
Yupp we beat the hell out of it, well I didnt, but my Brother did and then decided it was too expensive for him. I did a lot of maintenance and repairs to it over the last 5-6 years. It now has a fresh C-6 and rear springs and new shocks on all four corners, new C bushings etc etc etc. I can honestly say that truck has held up to a lot more than any other pickup I have owned over its 30 years of life. If I ever get it back from my brother in law I would make it an arena truck or something likewise!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Welcome! :wavey:

Welcome from a former Coloradoan(western slope)!

Thanks, my dad owns a 77 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 in Black he bought new, it looks a lot like the one in your signature pic. The paint is original but fading and the common rust in the bed etc etc etc. But when you open the doors the interior is immaculate as in brand new in appearance.

Been a while, just dropping in to say hi.

I did get some work done on my 81 F250. I had a push rod pop off of the number 5 cylinder and that in turn gave me 0 compression in that cylinder. Put that back together and did another compression test and that cylinder is still low about 25% compared to the others. I am working on getting a game plan to swap my 460 from my 64 F100 into it.

Did some other random things as well but nothing important mechanically.

How is everyone else doing?

Ford Truck Articles