Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New accseeory for truck

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Got a new cap for the truck during the trip to Canada. Its a lakeland, ordered it about a month before our trip adn had it installed in Green Bay on the way to Canada. It saved me about $350 rather than ordering one and having it shipped here. Made packing our gear a breeze, should have gotten one when I got the truck. I had side entry windows installed, which makes filling up the aux tank a snap, also makes getting rods and other gear in and out without having to crawl up in the truck and move a bunch of stuff to get to something up front.

Oh and a tip for any other buyers looking for caps for the 2008 up Super Duty's, there is a difference if it has a tailgate step or not. The salesman at lakeland asked that question first as soon as I told him the model year.

Vac2010163.jpg

Vac2010164.jpg

Vac2010165.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That looks really good.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like the way it looks on those trucks. Typically not a fan of canopies, but I think all the SD's can pull them off and gives off a little extra 'work truck vibe'...instead of the typical 'I'm a grandpa vibe' I get when I see a canopy.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
instead of the typical 'I'm a grandpa vibe' I get when I see a canopy.

I usually think the same thing. But I was driving my friend's pickup with a canopy and boy it was a lot more useful then I ever thought. Almost wish I had one for my truck after borrowing his.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks decent, Lester. I'm usually not a cap guy but it works on the truck. What's the difference in the tailgate step?

Ryan

IIRC, the step one is deeper up top...

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Looks great. Is it a reach to get in the side entry windows over the dually flares?
No not really, as the stuff your trying to get at is usually in the very front, so standing in front of the flares in not a bad reach at all.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Looks decent, Lester. I'm usually not a cap guy but it works on the truck. What's the difference in the tailgate step?

Ryan

Look at pic 3. If you look closely you will see that the "flap" is not straight or flush with the glass frame. That is because the "step" top has a large radius across the tailgate. (the tailgate is not straight across) The plastic trim is formed to contour the step in the tailgate and create a better seal as well as allowing the glass to close and lock without being in a constant bind against the step bulge.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts