Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need underhood wiring diagram for 96 F150 5.0

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com
anybody got a good schematic on the injectors , MAF , TPS , IAC , O2 sensors etc , I have the pinout schematic for the ECM , doing a OBD2 conversion on a 95 GT

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Where is Subford when you need him , he'll be around soon to get ya what you need.

Mike

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've got some of these but they're all in separate diagrams... I'll be subford's got a bigass one that'll show it all :)

Last edited:

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com
Thanks that helps , now which O2s are the front 2 ? they are numbered 11-12-21 from what I can tell , you got a detailed wiring of where they go and exactly what pin of the ECM goes where for those ?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thanks that helps , now which O2s are the front 2 ? they are numbered 11-12-21 from what I can tell , you got a detailed wiring of where they go and exactly what pin of the ECM goes where for those ?
11 is bank 1 sensor 1........12 is bank 1 sensor 2. Sensor 2 is downstream.

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com
Ok here is another question , I just went and looked at my uncles 96 f150 5.8L , it has a crank sensor and a distributor , anybody got a clue as to what wires go to what pins in the ECM , the ecm pinout subford got me only shows the PIP , Ignition ground , etc which I wired to the cars wiring , which only has a distributor , and what is the misfire sensor and does it have to be wired up ? is the misfire sensor the crank sensor , the reluctor behind the harmonic balancer only looked to have one peg sticking out ?

Ok here is another question , I just went and looked at my uncles 96 f150 5.8L , it has a crank sensor and a distributor , anybody got a clue as to what wires go to what pins in the ECM , the ecm pinout subford got me only shows the PIP , Ignition ground , etc which I wired to the cars wiring , which only has a distributor , and what is the misfire sensor and does it have to be wired up ? is the misfire sensor the crank sensor , the reluctor behind the harmonic balancer only looked to have one peg sticking out ?
You asked for a pin out of a 96 5.0, the 5.8 is different.
Do you want a pin out of the 96 5.8 also?
If so is it over or under 8500 GVW?

Misfire Sensor, 1996 5.0L Center front of engine, on timing chain cover.

Last edited:

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com

I just looked at his because it was same year , the ECM and harness I have are for a 5.0 manual tranny , its going in a 95GT mustang 5spd , well from the location of what you described that is the only sensor on the timing cover I can see

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com

send me the one for the 5.8 just incase so I can use it for comparison if anything else .......I need to know of the misfire sensor has to be hooked up for the engine to actually run , I might get my uncle to come up to my garage today just so I can unhook it and see if it will run without it plugged up ....

2002blgt

dirtydirtyracing.com
Just found out the sensor on the crank is the misfire sensor , went to my uncles house and unplugged it and the truck runs fine without it hooked up , has no affect on the ignition itself ....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts