Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some Guidance

Well,
Been an owner of a 2011 F550 6.7. In the beginning, it was bad, warranty issues out the ass. The worst, was the death wobble which I solved by putting on bigger tires, it did work, no thanks to Ford. Now, my latest dumbass problem is the cab lights. I am guessing due to heat and the constant exposure to the elements, the black base which the lens are screwed into are now cracked. No surprise here, why not? Anyway, cannot find any information on how to remove these stupid cheap ass plastic bases on my $70,000 truck. To me, I believe they are like the bed runners on the bed of the truck, once you take them off, they are broke. You buy new ones. I ordered new bases, BTW, which are dirt cheap from Ford, $25 a piece, lens, bulb and base, once I see the base, that in itself will tell me how they go on. Hopefully, they will just pop on or clip on. But, I am sure it will be some type of bolt or screw which I will have to remove the head liner, (big ass pain a coming) So, in end, if someone out there has any SA (situational awareness) I'd appreciate it. Oh, one more thing, if your wanting to change a bulb in the headlite? Standby, its a beoch. V/R S

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hopefully our resident Ford Tech Blacksnapon can offer some insight once he sees this thread.

blacksnapon

Staff member
417-01 Exterior Lighting 2011 F-250, 350, 450, 550 Super Duty
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Procedure revision date: 03/12/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cab Marker Lamp

Item Part Number Description
1 — Cab marker lamp electrical connector (part of 15A404)
2 N621903
N621903 Cab marker lamp nuts (2 required)
3 15442
15442 Cab marker lamp

Removal and Installation

Remove the headliner. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05.
Remove the 2 nuts and the cab marker lamp.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
To install, tighten to 4.1 Nm (36 lb-in).
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Copyright © 2015 Ford Motor Company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Truck Articles